Search Unity

Solved - Missing ~/.config/unit3d/Preferences directory [Fedora 22][LXDE]

Discussion in 'Linux' started by NeophoxProductions, Aug 30, 2015.

1. NeophoxProductions

NeophoxProductions

I ran into this issue after installing the Linux release from the agnostic installer, then reinstalled it using the advice given in http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/fedora-22.350432/ , still with no luck.

The install script ran without reporting any errors in the terminal. Logging in was a bit of a hassle, as clicking on the welcome screen causes the keyboard to lose focus, which can only be recovered by alt+tabbing out, then back in. Running as a normal user, I get the following errors on startup in terminal:

"ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    [0830/021246:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(308)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process
    [0830/021246:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(402)] Failed to establish GPU channel.
    [0830/021246:ERROR:connection.cc(1060)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()
    [0830/021246:ERROR:connection.cc(1060)] Cookie sqlite error 14, errno -2: unable to open database file, sql: -- sqlite3_open()when logging in."

But hey, who needs GPUs and databases, anyways.

Logging in is successful, but gives the following error in terminal:

"Unable to move cache folder /home/<THIS GUY>/.config/unity3d/Cache to /home/<THIS GUY>/.config/unity3d/old_Cache_000
    [0830/021709:ERROR:cache_creator.cc(125)] Unable to create cache"

Maybe this is all minor. Who knows. The real show-stopper is when I attempt to create a new project or load an existing project. Unity attempts to copy a layout file from the nonexistent directory ~/.config/unity3d/Preferences/ . When this fails, I can't really proceed any further. Unfortunately, the sign-in service looks to be down, so I can't get the exact error message. I'l update when I can sign in again. In the meantime, checking the .config/unity3d folder shows me that there's Cache and Cookies directories, but no Preferences. What could be causing these to not get unpacked successfully from the archive?

Edit: The error message I'm receiving is "Copying /home/jason/.config/unity3d/Preferences/Editor-5.x/Layouts/Default.wlt to Library/CurrentLayout.dwlt: ". The window title is "Copying file failed", which gives some context. After re-downloading the agnostic installer and trying again, the .config/unity3d folder is completely empty. Strange.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. NeophoxProductions

NeophoxProductions

Looks like I somehow lost ownership of my own .config folder, which meant nothing could get moved there. chown and a reinstall fixed this problem.