Search Unity

[SOLVED] Missing analytics event on iOS

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by gubbi, Jun 2, 2019.

1. gubbi

gubbi

I have enabled Unity Analytics, and it works fine on Android.

On iOS, I only get a limited set of events (in the Data Explorer). If I filter on iOS users, I only get events in the categories "Active Players" and "Sessions", not "Retention" or "Revenue". I also get no custom events. The app is a release build installed via Testflight, but I am guessing the events should works as normal there?

Any ideas? (I'm using Unity Personal, 2019.1.4)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    michaelbartlett17 likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, you should be receiving events as normal. Keep in mind that it does take our system 8-16 hours to process new events. Are you sending Custom Events?

3. gubbi

gubbi

Yes, I am aware of the delay, I have waited and still no events. Yes, I send custom events.
    I noticed now that when logging this:
    Debug.Log (Analytics.CustomEvent ("TestEvent", new Dictionary<string, object>{ {"firstObject", 10 } }));
    NotInitialized is returned (on iOS device). Any way to further look into the cause? I don't see any other log related to analytics before this. And the event is not sent in any unity startup or shutdown method (Start etc).

EDIT:
    Aha! When unchecking "Disable HW statistics" in player settings, it seems to work.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    JeffDUnity3D likes this.