Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Matchmaking is not working?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Cliff-Lee, May 1, 2016.

1. Cliff-Lee

Cliff-Lee

I am trying to use UNet in my game, and I using Unity version 5.3.4f1.
    I had a problem about matchmaking is not working.

Here's my process:

1. Start the game and see the Network manager HUD.
    2. Select "Enable Match Maker".
    3. Press "Create Internet Match".
    4. Then the following logs show up and nothing happened.

MatchMakingClient Create :https://mm.unet.unity3d.com/json/reply/CreateMatchRequest
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManagerHUD:OnGUI()

System.FormatException: FAILURE Returned from server: Failed; Unknown appId=996753, please verify project setup athttps://multiplayer.unity3d.com/
    at UnityEngine.Networking.Match.Response.Parse (System.Object obj) [0x0003e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Networking\Managed\UNETInterface.cs:214
    at UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse.Parse (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Networking\Managed\UNETInterface.cs:322
    at UnityEngine.Networking.Match.NetworkMatch+<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse].MoveNext () [0x0009c] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Networking\Managed\MatchMakingClient.cs:276
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()

JSON Response: [[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:Failed; Unknown appId=996753, please verify project setup at https://multiplayer.unity3d.com/]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False

Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:Failed; Unknown appId=996753, please verify project setup at https://multiplayer.unity3d.com/]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False

I have set the project's multiplayer service, and I also tried to link new project services.
    None of these solve the problem.
    I searched the forum but seems no much information about this problem.
    Hope someone can help me please!!!!!
    Thanks!!!

2. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

This error generally indicates you need to set up your game's config for the max number of players per match under the multiplayer section of https://multiplayer.unity3d.com/

nicolaunity and Cliff-Lee like this.
  3. Cliff-Lee

Cliff-Lee

Thanks for replying!

I have already set the "Max players per room" part to 6.
    Also, the services tab also show 6.
    The following screenshot is the services tab I mentioned.

Attached Files:

4. Cliff-Lee

Cliff-Lee

Is there any solution to this problem?

5. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Hi @Cliff Lee
    We're looking at it on our side. It's possible this only affects your account in one data center. Are you able to use any specific URL as a workaround?
    The default url for the matchmaker is mm.unet.unity3d.com but we also support directly connecting via region specific urls. Those are us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com, ap1-mm.unet.unity3d.com, and eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com.

6. Cliff-Lee

Cliff-Lee

Hello!
    I have tried the region specific urls you listed, but got the same results.

7. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

We've deployed a fix today for a similar issue which likely also affected you (notice how the global CCU value is empty in the screenshot you posted, this addresses that). Could you try again?

8. Cliff-Lee

Cliff-Lee

It is working!!!!
    So it was the global CCU that blocked me from matchmaking?
    Thanks a lot!!!

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Have the same problem

I think server was down, now it works, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  10. hedgehog10101

hedgehog10101

I can create an internet match but not join one. I was able to in previous builds but not new ones

11. AzraelKans

AzraelKans

I have the same problem

Lexa51 likes this.