Search Unity

[Solved] Make Performance Reports separate for two projects which share same git repo

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by Mahgo, May 8, 2018.

1. Mahgo

Mahgo

I currently have two Unity projects on Unity online services for my one Git project, so that I can have development and release builds separate in Unity Cloud Build. The problem with this is that all my Performance Reports will show up under the one project. Is it possible to separate them depending on which Unity services project it was built in in Unity Cloud Build?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Mahgo! Have you double checked that you have Performance Reporting enabled in both projects? Can you also check that each project has a different project ID? You can find it by opening your Services window and going into the Settings tab to find your UPID.

3. Mahgo

Mahgo

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for checking that. And you checked that both projects on your machine were linked to different projects on the cloud? You can verify that by making sure both projects have two different UPIDs in the Settings tab of the Services window.

5. Mahgo

Mahgo

As its the same project built but on different git branches, there's no way to set it for two different Unity services projects depending on develop build or not in the settings. Is there a way to set this in code? If there is then that would probably help.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Actually, it should be possible to set up two different Unity projects but it will require making a second clone of your git repo on your machine. Wants you've done that then you can check out one of the branches, open the project in Unity, link it to a new project on the cloud and then push it all using Collab. Then, in your original project, only check out and work in the other branch in that project. That way you'll have a Unity cloud project synced to each branch. Let me know if you have any more questions.

7. Mahgo

Mahgo

I'll keep that in mind, but that's far from ideal. It would be good if I could set the unity project id in code with an if statement.

8. Mahgo

Mahgo

Would it be possible for Unity to implement being able to set the project id in code?

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I will certainly pass this feature request along to our project managers. In the meantime, you could also try using unique app versions in your build settings for when you are building from different branches so that you could then filter your crash reports to only show reports from a specific version.

10. Mahgo

Mahgo

Thanks, that sounds like a good workaround for the moment.

Ryan-Unity likes this.