Search Unity

[Solved] Looping on an animation

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Boogafreak, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Boogafreak

Boogafreak

Hi,

Please help if you can :
    I have a task and there seems to be several ways to go at it, but I'm getting confused on how to do it --
    I need to move game objects 90*X pixels, where X is an integer between 1 and 9 (this depends on board situation). The animation graph is linear (constant speed).

I can think of :
    1. Making 9 animations, one for each movement, but that seems bad practice..
    2. Loop X times on same animation - Can't find a good explanation on how to do this without waiting for Idle mode each time, which may break animation fluidity..
    3. Place this X integer in an animation parameter and use it somehow (how??)

Any Advice would help.
    Booga.

2. Boogafreak

Boogafreak

Well, for all it may concern, I combined #2 and #3 into a working scheme :
    1. Place an integer parameter ("loop_times")to the animation.
    2. When you want the animation to start looping, set it to loop times in code (using animator.SetInteger())
    3. Place a condition of (loop times > 0) to get out of idle to the animation.
    4. On the animation state, implement OnStateEnter() and reduce the number of loops on "loop_times" parameter :
    animator.SetInteger("fall_loops", animator.GetInteger("fall_loops") - 1);

Hope this helps anyone else :)
    Booga.

3. lxmllr

lxmllr

Mildly related: Can you explain how to get OnStateEnter() to fire on each loop? It's only firing on the first pass through the state for me and I can't for the life of me figure out why