Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Local Copy unsynchronized with Cloud

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by SuperScience, Mar 8, 2018.

1. SuperScience

SuperScience

Hi,

I have a problem where my copy of the project works perfectly, but other contributors seem to have old and outdated versions of script files. The scripts tend to be deletions that for-some-reason never got deleted serverside, and so they're trying to reference other scripts that no longer exist, or cause namespace collisions with new files that share the name of the old file.

It would be wonderful if this could be fixed, but more than anything I need to do a FORCED PUSH to the server code and essentially just overwrite everything in my projects "scripts" directory.

How do I accomplish these 2 things?

Thank you!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @SuperScience! Do you remember if you've renamed some of those script files that your teammates aren't getting the latest version of? It's possible that you're running into a bug that we fixed in a recent version. Have you upgraded to the latest version of 2017.3? If you have and are still running into this issue then please get in touch with our Support team here.

3. millefoliumink

millefoliumink

I just lost three days of work with this bug that's clearly been a consistent issue since May of last year. Furious doesn't even come close to what I'm feeling, if the collab function isn't working it then bloody inform developers that this is the case.

After comitting at the end of each day and receiving confirmation that comits have been uploaded to the cloud, I'm looking at a patchy collab history that shows one commit every 3 to 4 days (!)

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @vonbetelgeuse! That's incredibly unusual that your collab history is incomplete. Could you please get in touch with our Support team so that we can help figure out what's going wrong? I included a link on how to do that in my last posts.

5. SuperScience

SuperScience

Hi Ryan,

We just upgraded to the newest version of Unity and did not fix the problem for us. But... I didn't think it would. Perhaps the new version of Collaborate has the desynchronization issue fixed, but once our project is already corrupted in the cloud, I don't see how it could know how to un-corrupt it.

We still need the ability to push the entire project from my machine to the cloud and overwrite it. How do I do that?

Thanks

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @SuperScience! I'm sorry to hear that the latest version didn't fix your current project. I would recommend archiving this project and creating a new one (If you archive your old project than you can reuse your project's old name. Otherwise it'll add a (1) to the end of the project). You can learn how to archive your project here.

7. SuperScience

SuperScience

I suspect there's something else going on here. So I did like you said. When logged back into my project Collaborate came up grayed-out.

I went into "Services" and turned Collaborate ON.

I got a "Cannot communicate with server" error. I dismissed that and tried to upload anyway.

Now I get an error in the Project Console
    "[Collab] NoMethodError: undefined method `[]=' for nil:NilClass"

Collaborate Icon Is still [ ! ] (where the [ ] is the red triangle)

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hey @SuperScience! That's a very annoying error and we're in the process of pushing a fix for it soon. In the meantime, have you tried to publish again recently? Are you still getting this error?

9. SuperScience

SuperScience

Hi Ryan,

We did what you said (publish again) and I wanted to give it a little bit of time to make sure that the problem didn't return, and it appears to be resolved. Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Ryan-Unity likes this.