Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Thursday, September 29, for a day with Unity's SRP teams here on the forum or on Reddit, and discuss topics around URP, HDRP, and the Scriptable Render Pipeline in general.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [solved] Line renderer thickness

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by BrandStone, Sep 8, 2020.

1. BrandStone

BrandStone

I've created a laser beam using the line renderer and the only thing I couldn't find is how to make it look bigger. My camera is far away (a table-top perspective of Z: -520) and the line renderer is at Z 0.

I have a nice shader on it that looks great from up close, not sure how relevant this information is.

Just look how tiny this thing is:
    upload_2020-9-8_8-53-52.png

I searched and searched, couldn't find any answer to this. Is there any way to increase its thickness?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    paulygons likes this.
  2. bgolus

bgolus

Try the huge graph in the middle of the component labeled “width”.

(Also while I’m being slightly snarky, I too somehow miss that thing every time I go back to the built in line renderer.)

3. BrandStone

BrandStone

I did try it, It’s set to 1 and it seems it’s the max value i can set unless i missed something.

4. BrandStone

BrandStone

I edit the key to 10:
    upload_2020-9-9_8-58-29.png

Then after I press enter it stays at 1

paulygons likes this.
  5. bgolus

bgolus

Change this "one".
    upload_2020-9-8_23-1-6.png

skilani, Ksanone, lilacsky824 and 4 others like this.
  6. bgolus

bgolus

The points on that graph are normalized between a time of 0.0 and 1.0, and a relative scale of 0.0 and 1.0. However the absolute scale is set by the value in the top left there.

7. BrandStone

BrandStone

Ha, no wonder I couldn't find it :) It's indeed really hard to spot. This made my day! Thank you so much for your help!

8. msafyanali123

msafyanali123

you you drag the width and increase its value for 0.1 to as you can

Attached Files:

9. awsapps

awsapps

Wow, that was a tricky one, thank you so much, I think I'll never spot it!

unityunity