Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug (Solved) Left eye orientation wrong on Cardboard starter project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Levihinz, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Levihinz

Levihinz

Hello! I'm very new to Unity so bear with me.

I started a new 3D Core project for Google Cardboard, using this quickstart guide:

https://developers.google.com/cardboard/develop/c/quickstart

I believe I've followed all the steps correctly, although some of the steps are a bit ambiguous, as they might refer to an older Unity version, or say "choose an option" without any context for what the options will do. I've tried to set the target device level to 31 which I think matches my device.

I'm using the Hello Cardboard sample.

On my Samsung Galaxy S10, I can connect using Android Developer Studio in debug mode, and deploy to my phone. But when running the project, the left eye is portrait, and the right eye is landscape. Moving my head left and right causes the left eye to scroll up and down.

I've attached screenshot.

I'm not sure if it's a device issue, as everything "works", but the result is bad.

I can use a few other Cardboard apps (youtube etc) without any similar issue.

Unity: 2022.3.13f1
    Dev Device: Macbook Air M2
    Device: Galaxy S10
    Device OS: 12

Attached Files:

2. mgear

mgear

Levihinz likes this.
  3. Levihinz

Levihinz

Thanks for your reply!

I tested on the older version with no luck. But then I played with a few more settings and found using Vulcan graphics API was the problem, the fix was using OpenGLES3 exclusively to fix the left eye orientation.

mgear likes this.