Search Unity

[SOLVED] Just all Standard Assets at New Project creation - I can't specify wich one

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TRBenny, Jun 24, 2017.

1. TRBenny

TRBenny

Hi,
    I'm going crazy with this, when I try to create a New Project, and wont to add some specific Standard Assets, it allows me just to select All Standard Assets not a specific one as it should be.
    Is there a way to fix it, please?
    StandardAssets - Missing.PNG

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Standard Assets is a single asset package, so there's nothing to fix. If you want to import part of a package, then make the project without including it, and after that import the package manually, where you can deselect stuff you don't want.

--Eric

TRBenny likes this.
  3. TRBenny

TRBenny

Ah ok, this is changed in the last few versions? Because in the 5.4 they where selectable separately (and in the tutorial that I'm following they do like that as well).

But now, for example, I imported "Prototyping" and after "Effects", than everything worked fine.

So to conclude, the Standard Assets are all together and if you want to get them separately you have to Import them after Project Creation, one by one.

Cheers for your answer, very usefull! ;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  4. sedentaryOne

sedentaryOne

I'm getting something similar. Inside a project, when I right click in the project window, I can't see any assets except for the "Custom Assets" option.

I can import all the assets at the beginning or project creation or I can import all the assets via the asset store but I can't see any way to just select the ones I want. On my little computer it takes forever to import all of them.

Any advice welcome. It's on windows 10 btw.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018