Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Item not consumed and cannot be consumed anymore

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Citrusjoy123, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citrusjoy123

Citrusjoy123

I am using Unity IAP for Google Play payment. Most of cases, it works quite good. But sometimes, when the item is not getting consumed, it will not be consumed any more. The scenario is like this:
    Step 1: Make a normal payment, at the moment google play tells me the payment is successful, I press the home key
    Step 2: I come back to the app, and I get an event (User Cancelled), but acturally the payment is successful
    Step 3: I restart the app and expect I got a chance to fetch the item, calling ProcessPurchase and consume this product. But No. It looks like the system doesn't know this product is at a not-consumed-state.
    Step 4: Try to make this IAP again and google play tells me this product has been purchased.
    Step 5: What is worse, I cannot make this IAP any more.
    Step 6: I tried to log out my google account and log in again and then go into my app, the unfinished IAP get dealt with. But definitely this is not a good way that my users will do.

Any suggestions to deal with this situation?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Citrusjoy123

This sounds similar to a known issue with Android that we are currently working on. We have completed a fix and it is in testing now. I will let you know when I have any new information. Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

3. Citrusjoy123

Citrusjoy123

@ap-unity

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please give me some temp fix?
    Besides, I realise some fact that may be helpful for you to solve this problem:
    If I go directly from Step 2 (got a user cancelled event while payment is successful) to Step 3(restart the app), I can still consume the product. BUT, if following Step 2, I tried to purchase this product again(it gives me some fail event), and then this product will finally show this product has been purchased and it will not be purchased any more even when I restart the application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.