Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Issues with collaborate in 2018.1 (No Such Local File)

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by LegoDude, May 3, 2018.

1. LegoDude

LegoDude

Hello all,
    A friend and I have been working on a project for the last month or so, using unity's collaborate feature. However, as of yesterday, we both updated to 2018.1 and Collaborate no longer works, when trying to download the changes my friend makes, i just get the error saying "No Such Local File" here's a quick clip
    https://gyazo.com/1cd5320be47ae187f6db5cfc6c5015be
    The console also gives me this error

[Collab] FindChangedFile failed:
    Cannot find changed file UnityPackageManager/manifest.json -> Packages/manifest.json

any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Edit: Fixed it, for anyone else with the issue, Simply delete your project folder, then let unity redownload your project from the cloud, will automatically set it up correctly.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. ledlamp

ledlamp

I had the same issue and resolved it by moving UnityPackageManager/manifest.json to Packages/manifest.json and trying again.

3. ezonecom

ezonecom

Same thing happened here. I disabled Collaborate in the Services menu, quit Unity and then deleted the 'Library > Collab' directory in the project folder. Restarted Unity, re-enabled Collaborate, and everything worked.

4. mgrabner

mgrabner

ezonecom's solution worked. Thanks!

5. matches81

matches81

I ran into this issue just now... ezonecom's solution seems to get Collab into a different state, but the issue now is that the local version of my colleague has tons of "updates" on files he never touched, but I just commited.

Basically, after this experience (and a few others, less extreme ones) I'd say I better pray we never run into any conflicts again. Seems to be the conflict resolution in Collab is an absolute disaster and basically breaks the system.