Search Unity

[Solved] Is there a way to contact Unity support with just an email?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MeridicalGames, Oct 17, 2022.

1. MeridicalGames

MeridicalGames

The problem has been solved.

Hello everyone, I ran into a problem that I lost access to my main account, from which I managed to inform the support service that I was not receiving a code for passing two-factor authentication.

I tried to answer the technical support question, but I couldn't, because after trying to enter the identifier, I just couldn't get through. I have received messages from technical support by email, but I can't just reply. I tried to contact them through another account by creating another request, but they never answered me and today my request for help from the main account was closed and I am now extremely surprised and have no idea what else I need to do to prove that I am writing this really I am the owner of the account.

Tell me, are there any other ways to contact support with only the email that the account is registered to?

UDP: Just now I noticed that I have the opportunity to write from this main account.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Recover your email account.
    There is basically no excuse to loose it, or if you had some dummy email account, it is on you.

There are ways to recover and change passwords, to email account.

No one will take you for a word. You can equally hack somebody unity account and pretend you are someone else, without having an actual email access.

3. MeridicalGames

MeridicalGames

They can see the IP from which I logged into this account, and they will see that I log into the computer from the same IP as always. For what purposes the account logins are monitored, I do not understand if this is somehow also not proof.

UDP: And I have access to my email account, which is what I was talking about. I just don't get codes on my phone to confirm login and asked to disable this two-factor authentication.

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

These are the easiest things than can be spoofed. They are not prove of anything whatsoever.

Consider abstract situation, when my evil twin brother use my computer, and write same forum thread as yours. So is he going to get access, just because he claims to be me?

Or if hardware were stolen. Again, it proves nothing.

Just solve your primary problem with an email.

Also you may have an option to use your mobile number as secondary line of prove, or for email recovery.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Are you always using the same IP? I'm asking because while you most likely know I've seen a lot of people that think a 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x, or 192.168.x.x address qualifies.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    MadeFromPolygons and kburkhart84 like this.
  6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

How did you lose access to your email account? As other people have suggested, get this fixed.

Unity does have physical support humans in the major population centres. If you have enough personal details in your account its theoretically possible to bring in your passport and be manually ID'd. But I've never heard of this actually happening.

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Wait... what "main account" have you lost access to? Email or Unity? I'm unclear on how you can receive messages from tech support but not reply.

8. MeridicalGames

MeridicalGames

The problem has been solved.