Search Unity

[Solved] Is it possible to start Linux Editor 5.6.2f1 in OpenGL 2.1 mode?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Inaetaru, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Inaetaru

Inaetaru

Is it possible to start Linux Editor 5.6.2f1in OpenGL 2.1 mode? It runs in 4.x by default now.

Story behind:
    I upgraded Linux Unity Editor to version 5.6.2f1recently. It runs ok on my desktop, but it crashes (when I select and open a project) on my laptop. I couldn't find any information about the crash (Unity doesn't display the "report bug" window and I couldn't find any log file). I have theory that the problem is that my laptop is old and it's graphic card supports only OpenGL 2.1 which was used when I run Linux Editor 5.4.x.

I don't use my laptop as a main development station, of course, but I use it on travels for smaller coding tasks which doesn't require running main graphic-heavy scene, like game logic, unit tests and so on.

I actually wouldn't mind if "game" and "scene" tabs wouldn't work in the OpenGL 2.1 version, I just need to see if Unity compiles my code, access to unit testing tab and executing these tests.

2. AurimasBlazulionis

AurimasBlazulionis

No, you can't, but you can try using -force-glcore3x where x is some number to try to use opengl 3

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  3. Tak

Tak

No, it is not. Since Unity 5.5, OpenGL 3.2 core profile or later is required.

4. Inaetaru

Inaetaru

OK, thank you very much for your time to answer.