Search Unity

[Solved] iOS Touch ID with Unity IAP

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by srmatthe, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srmatthe

srmatthe

Hi folks,

I'm either totally blind to this through searching now or there's no information about so asking here directly for the best hope of a response :)

Does Unity IAP support Touch Id on iOS as payment authentication for an IAP ?
    Is this even within the realm of Unity IAP or is it purely down to how the os is configured ?

I've seen a couple of threads with problems revolving around Touch ID and sandbox purchases but no indication as to whether it's part of the Unity IAP implementation or a custom modification\addition.

My current implementation of the IAPs are working fine but it's currently just password authenticated on request and would like to include touch support for ease of use.

As a point to note, whilst the app has passed approval for pushing to the App Store it has currently only been run under TestFlight or local build conditions. Is that the cause and would Touch ID be presented automagically for purchase authentication once it's pushed 'live' assuming they have it enabled ?

Any help from someone who currently has it implemented would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@srmatthe

This would be up to the OS. Unity IAP is simply a wrapper for various store APIs. Once you call InitiatePurchase, we hand off to the OS to handle the actual authentication and payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.