Search Unity

[SOLVED] iOS Metal crash when migrating Vuforia 5.3 to 7.5.6

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by henriqueranj, Jan 17, 2019.

1. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello!

Currently I am migrating a Unity 5.6 project with Vuforia 5.3 to Unity 2018.3.1 with Vuforia 7.5.6 and somehow the app is crashing on iOS when setting the Graphics API to use Metal. The crash follows in attachment.
    upload_2019-1-17_12-20-49.png

Back in the days when we did this project, Vuforia did not yet support iOS Metal and thus we were forcing to OpenGLES2. However, this has been supported for a long time and we even did several Vuforia AR projects with iOS Metal. Further, a new Unity 2018.3.1 project with the Vuforia samples works as expected with iOS Metal.

For the migration I completely deleted all the old Vuforia SDK files from the project Assets and imported the v7.5.6 SDK through the Editor. Also, I am using the same Player Rendering Settings as the Vuforia samples.

Question: Are there any old settings/code/shaders that may be sticking behind in the migration and causing this issue? Any hints or support from the Vuforia team would really help!

2. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

After a lot of testing I found the issue and it has to do with a conflict between Vuforia and a Deep Linking Plugin, where both use
    IMPL_APP_CONTROLLER_SUBCLASS(..)
    in their iOS native code to tell Unity to be the main app controller.

I guess that Vuforia now needs this to properly work under iOS Metal and therefore it crashes when opening the simplest Scene with only the AR Camera.

Issue reported here: https://github.com/TROPHiT/UnityDeeplinks/issues/5

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Dalton-Lima and meedabit like this.