Search Unity

[Solved] ios 11 purchase failure unkown reason

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by cemleme, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cemleme

cemleme

Hello there,

Completed my first unity game that includes iap, unfortunately I'm stuck on submitting the game to apple app store.

I know there had been other topics realted to this stuff but I have searched all internet about this and most of these topics are without solutions.

Well the problem is when testing iap with sandbox users the iap sometimes works but sometimes not. When I create a new test user it generally works.

When I saw it worked with new user I have submitted my app, but it was rejected with following reason:

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 11.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, the buttons for IAP purchase are not working.​

this is the debug line:
    OnPurchaseFailed: FAIL. Product: 'cevirbul.ingilizce.ipucu.5', PurchaseFailureReason: Unknown
    Purchaser:OnPurchaseFailed(Product, PurchaseFailureReason)

it works on android. I just tested on ios 9 and it works. but on ios 11 it fails

here are example screen recodings if it helps. same device, ios11

iap working:

iap not working:

I know and tried removing current itunes user etc. but the thing is having these workarounds are working for me but as long as apple rejects it doesnt matter

I have no idea what to do. I read some comments that it only happens on sandbox testing and if you publish it will be working, but as apple is rejecting my submit, so...

ps: I also asked for technical support from apple but didnt get any feedbacks yet.

I am using the purchaser script from
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/ads-analytics/integrating-unity-iap-your-game

thanks

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. JohnSonLi

JohnSonLi

I met with the same issues now, did you find any solutions?

3. cemleme

cemleme

unfortunately no

apple asked for a minimal xcode project to reproduce error

so I created an empty project with single button. this time used codeless iap

but still got the unknown error on purchasing. ,

now sending this minimal project to apple to see if they will say anything. I will write here when they reply

4. JohnSonLi

JohnSonLi

I fix this problem by writing ios native iap code, I didnot use unity iap code and removed it.

5. cemleme

cemleme

thanks for the info. do you have any tutorial or resources for the process?

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@cemleme

The device log will be helpful in cases of Unknown errors. Unity IAP will give as much information as possible in error messages, but in some cases, the underlying OS does not pass along the error message in a way that Unity IAP can access it.

However, the OS might show such an error in the device log.

7. JohnSonLi

JohnSonLi

this is quite complecated, I spend a whole day to try it. I just found several object -c code on the internet and apple's developer site. Then debug and debug and debug. until it finally works.
    object c sends message to unity, and unity call object c method, that is how they communicates.
    it is not difficult but takes some time.

8. cemleme

cemleme

thanks for all the help

@ap-unity
    I checked the device logs but still nothing, but it turned out it has no relation with unity

the solution:
    nothing. I resubmitted the same app and another itunes reviewer approved the game. the iap works with real accounts

it seems ios sandbox iap testing fails randomly on some projects

ap-unity likes this.
  9. cokagamesstudios

cokagamesstudios

My revenue is drop because this bug, iap sometime work sometime won't work, got reject by apple because iap not responding.

10. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@cokagamesstudios Sorry I don't quite follow your revenue drop. Did you have your app successfully released previously to the Apple store with IAP and generating revenue, but the most recent update got rejected? Please ask Apple why it was rejected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.