Search Unity

(Solved in 5.2B3)How to get Terrain's Lightmap Scale&Offset in Unity5.0 ?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by ShuraK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ShuraK

ShuraK

I have upgraded our project from unity 4.6 to unity 5. But surfering with the new lighting system.

what I'm trying to do is build my scene into assetbundle, and load it at runtime.

The lightmap settings will be lost after the scene is loaded.

I have found the reason, by reading the threads in this forum, and almost fixed the problem by storing and reassigning lightmap index, scale& offset to each Renderers.

But the terrain's lightmap setting is still lost. Because I can only read the lightmap index from terrain, not the scale&offset.

Could anyone tell me how to fix this ?

thx

p.s. I have read this post , but it only shows how to store and assign lightmap scale for renderers.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/problems-with-instantiating-baked-prefabs.324514/

2. HarryCodder

HarryCodder

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem (although not for the same reason) and I could not find a way to do it.

I even tried to compute the scale and offset from the lightcoord variable in a RaycastHit from a raycast with the terrain but the value returned is just the main uv (which looks like a bug).

The only way I found right now is to copy the value by hand from the lighting window which is not ideal to say the least, especially in an automated pipeline.

The fact that you can't control the scene's global GI parameters is cumbersome too.

It would be nice to know if this could come in a future update.

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

We will add this to 5.2.

4. ShuraK

ShuraK

Thx for the replies, and I'll try to copy the value by hand until unity 5.2....

thx @HarryCodder for sharing the method

5. ShuraK

ShuraK

Even if you copy the value by hand , how can you set the value back to Terrain at runtime ?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  6. HarryCodder

HarryCodder

As far as I know you can't.
    I use a method that copy lightmaps into regular textures and I set those in the terrain material.
    I then copy the lightmap scale and offset into this texture scale and offset on the material.

The terrain material I use is custom and uses a regular texture in place of the unity lightmap texture.
    I shortly described how I handle things here if you're interested :
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/un...ed-static-shadows-broken.325729/#post-2194902

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. ShuraK

ShuraK

Thx a lot

8. ShuraK

ShuraK

Hi Joachim , It's still not added in 5.2 Beta2.

Any chance to have it in 5.2 Beta 3?

Our artists are going to kill me if it won't be fixed soon