Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] Image2DAlphaMask help needed

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Rupture13, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Rupture13

Rupture13

I want to have the pixelAccurate Sprite2DRendererHitBox functionality enabled. The documentation says that in order to do that, I need to add the Image2DAlphaMask to the entity with the Image2D component (which is not the same entity that has the Sprite2DRenderer component) before loading the image:

Sprite2DRendererHitBox2D documentation
    Image2DAlphaMask documenation

I, however, have no idea how to intercept the loading and add this component.

Any help? :)

2. Rupture13

Rupture13

Okay so I've found a solution (not sure if it's the best or only one):

Since I couldn't seem to intercept the loading of the Image2D, I manually made it reload with the Image2DLoadFromFile component and then set the Image2DAlphaMask component in the same frame. For the loader I used the serialized image asset from UT_ASSET in runtime.

A code example of all this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. this.world.forEach([ut.Entity, Scratcher, ut.Core2D.Sprite2DRenderer], (entity, scratcher, renderer) => {
    3.     let trueSource = this.world.getComponentData(renderer.sprite, ut.Core2D.Sprite2D).image;
    4.     if (!this.world.hasComponent(trueSource, ut.Core2D.Image2DAlphaMask)) {
    6.         let loader = this.world.getOrAddComponentData(trueSource, ut.Core2D.Image2DLoadFromFile);
    7.         loader.imageFile = UT_ASSETS[this.world.getComponentData(trueSource, ut.Core2D.Image2D).sourceName.substring(9)];
    8.         this.world.setComponentData(trueSource, loader);
    10.         let alphaMask = this.world.getOrAddComponentData(trueSource, ut.Core2D.Image2DAlphaMask);
    11.         alphaMask.threshold = 0.5;
    12.         this.world.setComponentData(trueSource, alphaMask);
    13.     }
    14. });