Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Icon Next to Scene Indicates Unpublished But Collab Says Up To Date

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by ippdev, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ippdev

ippdev

Hovering over the orange icon in the Project folder says I have unpublished changes. The Collab pane indicates I am Up To Date. The right-click dropdown when over the icon has Published greyed out. Wassup??

2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ippdev -- Is it possible that you have unpublished changes on another machine? The orange "In Progress" icon indicates that a collaborator (or yourself on a different machine) has unpublished changes.

If you're not sure or you want to clear all "In Progress", you can:

1) Go to https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com
    2) Select your project
    3) Select Collaborate
    4) Select "Manage In-Progress"

There you'll be able to see all the "In-Progress" activity for all users and you can "Clear" that activity if you know that activity is no longer important (i.e. you're no longer using that machine or user has left the team).

3. rbosse

rbosse

Thanks @johng_unity - used it today. I screwed up my project and had to keep reverting back and forward.

4. Liderangel

Liderangel

Hi I just went there and it's empty: https://i.imgur.com/leuPOA5.png

And in the project: https://i.imgur.com/9TzuoGP.png

Any help please? Thanks!

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

6. Liderangel

Liderangel

Thanks for the answer. In the end I just ended up duplicating the scenes with the In-Progress icon and deleting the ones that had it, solving the issue.

7. nobluff67

nobluff67

Had this issue recently. In order to fix the issue I had to sign-out of my account (through unity editor) and sign back in again. Collab recognized I had unpublished changes after I logged back in.

8. DRON_proger

DRON_proger

I have the same issue but I have none of the files showed under In-Progress on the Dashboard :-(

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @DRON_proger, just to clarify, are you seeing the orange In-Progress notifications on some of your scenes/prefabs in your project but have none of them listed on the In-Progress tab of the Developer Dashboard? Have you tried signing out and back in to your project in the Unity Editor or Hub and refreshing the Dashboard page?

10. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

This is a bit off-topic, but why is it that we can't see the progress icons in our project at all? The Dashboard list is empty and I actually thought the whole progress icon feature was scrapped since no one in our team has seen it for two years or so.

11. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @TeemuTee, you should be seeing In-Progress notifications on any scenes or prefabs that have local edits made by your team. Does anyone on your team have local changes to either their scenes or prefabs that they haven't published yet that you can verify if you see the notifications for?

12. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

No. We used to see them back in 2018 or something so I just assumed that the feature doesn't exist anymore. I remember some progress icons being stuck for a long time and we removed them from the dashboard, no idea if that has anything to do with it.

13. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If you cleared your current list of in-progress notifications from the Dashboard then you'll need to make new local edits to your prefabs/scenes and save for them to reappear there.

14. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

It was last cleared years ago, since the changes never appear. We just tested it with another project and it did show the In-Progress icons as expected. The project that never shows the notifications is a lot bigger. For comparison:
    Project1 directory size is ~15GB (270K files), Library/Collab is ~200MB
    Project2 directory size is ~3GB (46K files), Library/Collab is ~20MB

This is the least of our worries, though: The initial "checking for changes" takes around 15 minutes and any update from Collab takes around 20 minutes (if you don't restore the project to a previous update first). We suspect that the project is simply too large for Collab to handle.

15. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Have you had a chance to give Collab v2.0-preview a try? That version addresses the lengthy "checking for changes" message that pops up during startup for larger projects and might make opening your project more bearable.

16. TeemuTee

TeemuTee

We tried it last summer I think, but it basically destroyed the project: We suddenly got changes to thousands of files, lost data and it would have been too time consuming and risky to try and sync the project for everyone at that time. We didn't trust the stability of the preview so we changed back. It's a shame, because the updates seemed a lot faster in 2.0. Another issue is the fact that you have to scan for changes manually anyway: You'll still have to wait for long periods of time and on top of that won't be sure what files are out of sync.