Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] How to upload to Collab and overrider existing collab instead of pulling.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by sskenth, Oct 9, 2017.

1. sskenth

sskenth

I've been changing versions of Unity and its caused a few mishaps, no amount of restoring the project fixes the fps drops I'm getting.
    I did however back the project up outside of collab aswell, so now I've unzipped it reimported into unity, its working great so I'd like to push this working version and override the existing collab before I have to pull.

Is there a way to do this? If not, is there a workaround? Can I clear the collab history complety and start all over again with this commit being the first one?

I'd appreciate some advice on this

Thank you.

-Sat

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @sskenth! It is possible to delete your project, upload your changes to Collab, then paste in your unzipped copy of the project and upload that to essentially start with a new project.

But if you don't mind losing your Collab history then you can just start a new project with the unzipped project. Open your unzipped project and create a new link in the Services Window. After that then you can enable Collab, upload your entire project and start using Collaborate.

TKDHayk and sskenth like this.
  3. sskenth

sskenth

Thank you so much, I'll try one of those options out.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. sskenth

sskenth

Hi, quick question, when you meant I could delete it, did you mean I could archive it as suggested from this post? Then reupload from the current project?

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that you could delete your assets in your project, then paste the unzipped copy into your project. But I don't really recommend that method unless you really want to keep your project's history intact. You're best bet is to archive your old project, like in the thread you found, then reupload your project.

sskenth likes this.
  6. sskenth

sskenth

Thanks I think thats fixed it, just trying to push to collab now.

Ryan-Unity likes this.