Search Unity

Resolved [SOLVED] How to reload scene?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by uknowunity, Aug 7, 2020.

1. uknowunity

uknowunity

Hey all!

Im trying to reload the scene that the player is in with this code in systembase:

Code (CSharp):
    1. World.DisposeAllWorlds();
    2. DefaultWorldInitialization.Initialize("Test World", false);
    3. SceneManager.LoadScene("World", LoadSceneMode.Single);
    and im getting these errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: object is not initialized or has already been destroyed
    2. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemBase.CheckedState () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemBase.cs:333)
    3. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemBase.AfterUpdateVersioning () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemBase.cs:614)
    4. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem.AfterOnUpdate () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:63)
    5. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:116)
    6. Unity.Entities.ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder+DummyDelegateWrapper.TriggerUpdate () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.13.0-preview.24/Unity.Entities/ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.cs:322)

and

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Unity.Entities.Editor.ComponentSystemBaseNode`2[TSystem,TNode].get_NameWithWorld () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/ComponentSystemNodes.cs:15)
    3. Unity.Entities.Editor.ComponentSystemBaseNode`2[TSystem,TNode].get_Hash () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/ComponentSystemNodes.cs:30)
    4. Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph.DidChange (Unity.Entities.Editor.IPlayerLoopNode lhs, Unity.Entities.Editor.IPlayerLoopNode rhs) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/PlayerLoopSystemGraph.cs:70)
    5. Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph.DidChange (Unity.Entities.Editor.IPlayerLoopNode lhs, Unity.Entities.Editor.IPlayerLoopNode rhs) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/PlayerLoopSystemGraph.cs:75)
    6. Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph.DidChange (Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph lhs, Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph rhs) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/PlayerLoopSystemGraph.cs:55)
    7. Unity.Entities.Editor.PlayerLoopSystemGraph.ValidateCurrentGraph () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.editor@0.9.0-preview.1/Editor/SystemSchedule/PlayerLoop/PlayerLoopSystemGraph.cs:37)
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <b17f35b08b864a3ca09a7032b437596e>:0)
    Qeustion:
    What is the correct way to reload the scene without the entities that are created in runtime?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. uknowunity

uknowunity

I think i solved it (not sure if correct fix?). I have removed the old code and put the code below in an monobehaviour script.

But still getting some errors for singleton not found in some scripts but I made an extra if statement to check if the entity is not null.

Code (CSharp):
    1. var entitymanager = World.DefaultGameObjectInjectionWorld.EntityManager;
    3. entitymanager.DestroyEntity(entitymanager.GetAllEntities());
    5. SceneManager.LoadScene("World", LoadSceneMode.Single);

3. DreamingImLatios

DreamingImLatios

uknowunity and brunocoimbra like this.
  4. uknowunity

uknowunity

Thanks! I have put my reload system now in systembase.

But how do I get an EntityQuery of all entities of the world? So far I know you need add types for the enitities you are trying to find with queries.

5. DreamingImLatios

DreamingImLatios

It is in the code. EntityManager.UniversalQuery.

In my case, I want to destroy all entities except for entities with a couple specific components, so I want to subtract components from the universal query. This isn't actually that straightforward to do, so I instead tag the UniversalQuery with a dummy tag, adding that tag to all entities in existence. Then I use that tag in combination with my subtractive components to create a new query for what I actually want to destroy.

uknowunity likes this.
  6. uknowunity

uknowunity

Thank you its working now!

I marked this thread as solved. I hope its usefull for other beginners around here :)