Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] How to download Entire Collab history as text.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Purendra_, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Purendra_

Purendra_

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. My Collab history in my current project has over a 100 items. I would like to download my entire Collab history as a Text file or a doc/pdf file. I can't get around it. Anyone has any suggestions or solutions? Please let me know. It would be really great if the asset changes are also visible.

2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Unity Technologies

Hello,

The most accessible way to do this currently is to use the project export to get your project as a Git repository and then use Git to do it from a command line (run 'git whatchanged' or 'git log --name-status').

Or send us a support ticket (email collabsupport@unity3d.com) and we can get it for you too. We really should offer a way to do this from the developer dashboard.

EDIT: in the next release of the Collab package, v2.0, you would be able to do this without exporting because you would have a local Git repo that has the history. If anyone is reading this later, please ping and I can post instructions about that. I would do it now, but it's not released out of preview yet, so I don't want to confuse things.

CthuLewis likes this.
  3. Purendra_

Purendra_

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll be sending the details on the specified email shortly.

4. MXZEHN

MXZEHN

I wouldnt mind to know how to do it these days...

5. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

If you would like to get the history of your commits please submit a support ticket, and we will be able to get it for you.

6. CthuLewis

CthuLewis

Would this be able to give me a list of contributions from each member of the organisation??

7. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

It will give you a list of all commits for all members that have pushed changes to the project. Unfortunately, there's no way of getting this list for different members.

8. bigmonmulgrew

bigmonmulgrew

Honestly it would be a big improvement already if I could copy and paste from the collab tab.

Angop and ValeryNikulina like this.