Search Unity

[solved] How To Disable Default Controller Model In Steamvr 2?

Discussion in 'VR' started by TrackLabs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. TrackLabs

TrackLabs

In SteamVR 2 you have 2 ways to create a Player.
    The "[CameraRig]" and "Player".

Using the "[CameraRig]" you can simply go to the 2 Controller Prefabs and uncheck the "Model" Section. And Done, you don`t have the default Controller Models anymore.

But I am using the "Player" Option, since you can easily link Teleportation and Pickup/Interaction with it.
    How do you disable the default Controller model there? There is no "Model" check to uncheck or anything.

People already said something about just deleting the Default Controller/Hand Model, but that will result in an constant Error that a referenced Object cant be found. (Removing the entire Script that uses that Model results in even more Errors)

So how do you tell SteamVR 2.0 to not use any Controller Default Model, so I can use my own Hand Models?

Every Tutorial/Answer about this topic is always about the older SteamVR version, where you only have the "[CameraRig]" with checks to uncheck. But nothing for SteamVR 2 and its "Player"

StogamerBG likes this.
  2. TrackLabs

TrackLabs

Solved:

When selecting one of the Hand Models (Left/Right) you have to disable a Script called "Hand" thats linked with each hand. It will disable the Controller and Hand Model, and lets you parent your own Model as you wish.

Visualization:
    https://i.imgur.com/Iuw0z59.jpg

StogamerBG likes this.
  3. unity_2023rezachp

unity_2023rezachp

but that removes everything how do you remove just the controler