Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] How to delete track of unpublished changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by 3DGamesDeveloper, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 3DGamesDeveloper

3DGamesDeveloper

How to delete track of unpublished changes in "Unity Collaborate" , I use a copy of a project for some test, and now are a lot of asstes with the message of unpublished changes by .... I am using unity 2017.1

Thanks for your help.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @3DGamesDeveloper! If you don't intend to keep any of your local unpublished changes then you can go into the Collab History window and press Restore on the latest commit. That will restore the project back to the latest version from the server and discard your local changes. Make sure that that's what you want to do before you press Restore.

I realize now that I think you're referring to the In-Progress icons that you are seeing on Scenes and Prefabs that your teammates are working on. If that's the case then you can make a small change that will hide those icons only on your machine (as long as you don't push your changes).

In your project's folder, go in the ProjectSettings folder and open your EditorSettings.asset file. Inside you'll see this:

m_CollabEditorSettings:
    inProgressEnabled: 1

Replace the 1 with a 0 and save your file. Restart Unity. Now the In-Progress icons should be hidden. Let me know if that solves your problem.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    ChrisRede likes this.
  3. mimminito

mimminito

I was signed in as another account and then back onto my usual account. The old account has left the "unpublished changes" icon on the scene. If I do the change your mentioning above, whilst signed into my "usual" account, and then push the changes, will this be ok? I dont want to mess up the commit history or mess with the repo.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @mimminito! If that's the case, then you don't need to disable the In-Progress icons for your project (your settings would affect your team if you Published them). You can clear the In-Progress that you don't want to keep around via the Developer Dashboard on our website.

In Unity (doesn't matter which account you're signed in as), open the Services window and click on Collaborate. In the Collaborate panel click on Go to Dashboard in the top right. This will open the Collaborate section of your Developer Dashboard page. You'll see a few tabs under your project name. Go to the Manage In-Progress tab. From here, you should see all In-Progress items, separated by users in your project. Pressing on the number under Files in Progress will let you see which assets they're working on and pressing Clear will let you remove the notifications that the user has unpublished changes. Let me know if that answers your question.

5. mimminito

mimminito

Supe
    Superb, that fixes it. Thanks.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  6. 3DGamesDeveloper

3DGamesDeveloper

Yes, is about In-Progress icons, but no are changes of teammates. I did the changes in other copy of the project, but i deleted that copy because only was a test, and i dont know how to clear tracking of that changes. I want discard that unpublished changes because for my teammates is confuse.I did restore in my actual project, but the icons are still there.

Attached Files:

LaurieAnnis likes this.
  7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I understand now. Try my above suggestion about using the Developer Dashboard to clear your In-Progress notification. That should remove the changes that you no longer care to keep track of.

8. 3DGamesDeveloper

3DGamesDeveloper

Thank you ryanc, it's solved.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  9. eormeno

eormeno

Excelent! I ignored the "Clear in-progress" functionality... thanks

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  10. ISanchezV

ISanchezV

Sorry for answering in a year-old thread, but this is the supposed solution to my problem (I also had to make copies of my project for testing), but I on my Dashboard, in the In Progress tab, I only have this:

Within the Editor, In-Progress displays when another user has unpublished changes to a scene or prefab. In some cases you may want to remove In-Progress for users who are no longer on the project or who have unpublished changes on duplicate copies of the project no longer in use.

Clearing an In-Progress notification will not affect the project or any of its files. It will simply remove thethat your team members see next to the affected files.

There's no button, no option, nothing, only that text. I definitely have "unpublished changes" in the Editor, too. Am I missing something?

11. KHam256

KHam256

I'm having the same issues as ISanchezV, i see a page with no items for which to clear the In Progress icon. i have a user in my project that has 2 icons for one asset. they work on a single machine, not multiple machines to leave multiple in progress icons.

Attached Files:

12. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

13. Naotost

Naotost

There is no Manage In-Progress tab in the page I jump to by clicking of Go to Dashboard in the collaborate panel. I just have list of assets that I have option of downloading, but that's it.

LilGames likes this.
  14. Naotost

Naotost

Nvm, All I had to do was go back to the list of my project and manually click on collaborate tab to access the in-progress tab. Sorry for bothering.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  15. AliBuck

AliBuck

Doesn't work for me =(
    I have the icon, but it says there are no changes.
    Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 11.50.41.png