Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] How to deal with compilation errors after loading a package?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by IC_, Nov 5, 2019.

1. IC_

IC_

I use Unity 2019.3.0a5 (Windows) and want to download `Animation Rigging` package (v 0.2.3). After i install it, some compilation errors shown in console.
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.animation.rigging@0.2.3-preview\Runtime\AnimationRig\RigBuilder.cs(211,29): error CS1061: 'AnimationPlayableOutput' does not contain a definition for 'SetSortingOrder' and no accessible extension method 'SetSortingOrder' accepting a first argument of type 'AnimationPlayableOutput' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    This piece of code is causing this error to occur
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_2019_3_OR_NEWER
    2. syncLayerOutput.SetSortingOrder(k_AnimationOutputPriority);
    3. #endif
    If i place comment sign before it - no compilation errors are thrown

Of course i can comment it out locally, but if i share the project with another developers, they must do the same "fix" on their own

UPD
    Just checked it out in linux and no errors were thrown

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. felipemunoz_unity

felipemunoz_unity

Unity Technologies

Since you are using an alpha version, i would probably suggest that you change to a newer version of your editor (I managed to replicate that same error in 0a5, but i don't see it in 0a10 already), and even then, remember that Alpha versions are very prone to breaking and support for them is fairly limited.
    I would personally suggest that you stick to beta versions unless you really want to play with the bleeding edge things happening around here :)

As for sharing changes with others... One alternative would be to share your modified packages as an embedded package in the project.
    Embedded packages are folders that live inside your project's Packages folder, and they take precedence over packages that might exist on the registry. So, if you copy the Animation Rigging to your Packages folder, then make your changes and check in the complete package, others pulling that project will also get the copy of the modified package.

IC_ likes this.
  3. IC_

IC_

It's a real killer feature, thanks for the information