Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] How does Asset licenses work with Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by shadow-river, Aug 15, 2017.

1. shadow-river

shadow-river

Assets like Pro-builder and Playmaker require one license per seat. What I was wondering is, does each individual working on the project require that they perches there own license for that product or does the person/organization that created/hosts the project need to perches the required licenses.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @shadow-river! When it comes to assets that require one license per seat you can either have one person in your Organization purchase all of the licenses that you plan to use or have everyone purchase a license for themselves. Both options will work.

3. m-kan

m-kan

I think I know the answer to this already but if say I'm the level designer or the shader artist and I'm collaborating with a team who won't be using Pro-builder or ShaderForge. I feel like that still breaks EULA.

Alternatively, would the possibility of trying to separate the resulting product ( what the asset package produces like say a .obj ) from the tool? The one-seat per license deal seems to not really be friendly to freelancers or small teams with different/separate pipelines.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @m-kan! Unless Pro-builder or ShaderForge's licenses state otherwise, there shouldn't be an issue with sharing the resulting files of using their products with the rest of the team if they don't own licenses to those plugins. What you can do is use Collab's Ignore file to exclude those plugins from the project but let it keep the generated assets for the rest of the team to use.

Proid and chelnok like this.