Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

(Solved) How can I test latest pre-release packages in 2021.1 ?

Discussion in '2021.1 Beta' started by unity_IpxdANggCs1roQ, Oct 24, 2020.

1. unity_IpxdANggCs1roQ

unity_IpxdANggCs1roQ

I switched to 2021.1 from 2020 to test lastest universal render pipeline package but the package manager only shows relatively old package (8.1.0) even though I toggled enable-pre-release-packages check box. Is it going to take a little longer to update the repository of the package manager officially?

2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

3. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

This works for for getting the old behavior back for individual package:
    - Open Package Manager
    - Navigate to top left corner with + etc icon
    - Select the option that suggests you install git package
    - Enter the full name of the package to the field, in this case com.unity.render-pipelines.universal
    - Wait for it to process, you should see all package options now (10.1 and 8.1).

If you truly want to test 2021.1's URP and are adventurous enough, you could try it from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics master branch but this is a lot more complicated to setup on your end and being WIP branch, things could be quite broken at times.

As additional note, I'm fairly certain that Unity is now trying to enforce one SRP package per engine release, hence this and other packages hide the upgrade option. I'd love Unity to actually inform us beta testers about this change officially to avoid further confusion. There was a note about Unity going this way on the SRP roadmap thread but apparently it's not just SRP's that got this change in distribution model.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    NotaNaN and unity_IpxdANggCs1roQ like this.