Search Unity

Question (Solved) Help with ecs Physics Material (MaterialFlags is inaccessible)

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by MatteoMazzeriBlasph, Mar 22, 2021.

1. MatteoMazzeriBlasph

MatteoMazzeriBlasph

Hi,

I would like to set a trigger collider to my entity via script. I create a capsule collider with it's geometry and filter but now I want to assign also the material

BlobAssetReference<Unity.Physics.Collider> collider = Unity.Physics.CapsuleCollider.Create( capsuleGeometry, filter, material);

The material I want to create and assign must have the flag trigger but when I try to do that I get the error Material.MaterialFlags is inaccessible. So how can i handle it?

Thank you

2. petarmHavok

petarmHavok

Just set Material.CollisionResponse = CollisionResponsePolicy.RaiseTriggerEvents, it will handle those flags internally.

3. MatteoMazzeriBlasph

MatteoMazzeriBlasph

Hi, thank you for your help. This solved the issue.
    Do you know if it is possible to add two collider to the same entity? I tried with add componentData() but it seem to add only the second one

4. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

You can only add one PhysicsCollider component to an Entity, however you can create a CompoundCollider made up from a number of other convex Colliders.

5. MatteoMazzeriBlasph

MatteoMazzeriBlasph

Hi, Thank you for your answer. This is just for 2D Entities or also for Entities in general? I can't find documentation on it

6. milos85miki

milos85miki

It's for all Entities. Entity can have a maximum of 1 PhysicsCollider component.

7. MatteoMazzeriBlasph

MatteoMazzeriBlasph

Thank you mates, I solved all my issues. I ended up with instantiating an entity with a trigger collider as child of another entity setting up the main entity as parent and synchronizing their matrix

petarmHavok likes this.