Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] GitRepoService::MissingOIDError: The submitted publish number was not found

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by MadeFromPolygons, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

[Collab] GitRepoService::MissingOIDError: The submitted publish number was not found in the project.

This is stopping us pulling project from the cloud.

We cannot update. We cannot revert. We cannot even grab a fresh project from collaborate.

Literally every reason we use collaborate and pay for teams is not working, and the only reason we will now risk a deadline is due to the fact we paid for teams instead of using github.

Ofcourse we are cancelling teams on all our seats and moving to github, as well as cancelling our extra storage.

But in the meantime, what is unity going to do to allow us to access our commercial project from your paid service?

I genuinely am outraged by this, this should not be happening this late in production when using a paid service, collaborate is clearly not stable enough so why are you charging for what is obviously a beta product?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @GameDevCouple_I. I'm sorry that you've had such difficulties using Collab. Obviously we don't want to ever keep you from being able to pull your project and want to unblock you as quickly as possible. Have you opened up a Support Ticket with us yet? It'll help us to pull up more info about your project so that we can diagnose the problem and unblock you.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Honestly im pretty tired of basically being a paid beta tester.

Ill open a support ticket but after we resolve this we are cancelling our subscription regardless of how speedy this is resolved, as this is not in a state that is usable. I speak as a user of collaborate since beta, throughout the non beta collaborate service, and now as a teams user. Not a single day has it been 100% usable in all ways.

You need to communicate with your managers that this should not be and is not ready to be a paid service, until it can do what is advertised on the tin without such levels of risk to users who dare to purchase it ( test it for you).

I urge anyone in the commercial sphere reading this who are looking at collab as an option, avoid it at all costs. There are cheaper, more complete solutions around, and if your thinking the issues will resolve soon, I can tell you that is unlikely to be the case based on usage of the service since sometime in 2016.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I understand your frustration and thank you for staying with us for so long. I will certainly pass this along and we will continue to focus on improving the quality and security of Collab. Feedback like this is important to us and we take it very seriously when things aren't working the way they're supposed to. I regret that we've had to postpone on how many fixes we could get into Collab during our partial refactor and transition to a package-based distribution system. But no one on the team has given up on improving Collab so that it can meet all of its customers' needs and we have big plans for it in the future.

Thank you in advance for opening a support ticket.

ollieblanks and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Thanks for being very professional in the face of pretty harsh feedback.

I dont want anyone on the team to feel its directed at them as I love the unity team and unity in general. But obviously when the service gets in the way of our day jobs, it becomes a big frustration that is hard not to vent. In process of getting the ticket logged now, will update with a ticket number on here when I have.

ollieblanks and Ryan-Unity like this.
  6. Cuttlas-U

Cuttlas-U

Hey Guys ,
    I found a fix to this
    I had the same problem saying :
    "The submitted publish number was not found in this project"

=========

then i went to the Library folder and delete what ever was inside the "Collab" Folder,

and problem fixed

hope it helps u ,

===============\\
    by the way I won't use any thing rather then collab ,
    Its fast and its optimize for the unity engine ...
    also I Love to help unity fix their bugs and problems , that's the least i can do for their great engine and tons of works they are doing there ....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Ryan-Unity likes this.