Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Free Collab Space - Archive?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by GlennReimche, Apr 30, 2018.

1. GlennReimche

GlennReimche

So I'm about to run out of space and I can't see a clear way to avoid that. Maybe "Archive Collab Storage", but when I click that, it sure looks like it wants to archive the whole project in a way I do not want:
    Capture.PNG

So, simple question, is there currently a way to free up space by removing older versions? Or do I have to basically delete this Collab and start a new one?

Thanks!

2. bradunity

bradunity

Hey, @GlennReimche, you found the right spot. With Collab, your storage counts only the most recent version of each file (the "HEAD" revision if you're used to Git) so you should not need to be concerned about usage of older revisions. As you suspected, this archive button archives the entire source tree for your project and will prevent you from publishing or updating.

If you're getting close to your limit, you can delete files you no longer need and publish those changes which will drop your total. Additionally, consider archiving other projects you might have around that you no longer need to work on. If that still doesn't get you enough space, then you may need to consider purchasing a storage pack or Unity Teams: https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005492443-How-do-I-get-more-cloud-storage-

LilGames likes this.
  3. GlennReimche

GlennReimche

Thanks @bradunity for the clear explanation. That's a friendly approach to counting storage space, which I also appreciate.