Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] FBX Exported Textures gone BAD

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Ingenu, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Ingenu

Ingenu

Righto then. I am having this intermittent issue with textures that export from Max9. They are diffuse map textures, UWV mapped.

They seem to come out tinted strange colors when they come into Unity. The textures are all 256 color Indexed .bmp's. No transparency, nothing fancy.

Here's a screen shot of what I mean. The couch (foreground) is tinted red and has lost all the tiling, the desk (in the background, standing on edge) has come in tinted green, but seems to have held onto it's UVW mapping just fine.

Other objects I have exported using the same method seem to have no problems at all.

Attached Files:

2. Ingenu

Ingenu

Okay, I feel mildly foolish, but I am posting this the the artists out there who are just getting started with the engine.

When you export an object from Max as an FBX and "embed" the textures, it takes the diffuse color with it as well. If you have any color in the diffuse slot in 3dsMax (as was common with older versions of Max), you will need to set your diffuse color manually to medium grey or white in Max, or manually change it in Unity after you have imported the object.

guneyozsan likes this.