Search Unity

[SOLVED]Error launching remote program:security policy error

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by twomack33, Sep 5, 2009.

1. twomack33

twomack33

I am sure this is a beginner question, but I had projects building ok on my Ipod 2nd gen touch with 1.03. I upgraded to 1.5 and now I am getting this error. The provisioning profile seems correct and Xcode attempts to install the application but then I get the error: Error launching remote program: security policy error.
    I made sure that the settings in the Player Settings--> Iphone Bundle Identifier matched the profile that I have on the device. I have even made sure that the setting in the Info.plist matched it as well.

I am sure this is a simple thing I am missing. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. twomack33

twomack33

In case anyone else runs into this. I received the error because I had a dev profile on the ipod that was expired. Not the app I was trying to install but one of my other apps.

I deleted all expired profiles on the device and all was good.

3. NearChaos

NearChaos

Huge thanks. This has to be a bug in the iPhone OS. Why should I have to purge the expired profile for a different app? If there's some security issue they should fix the issue. At least the error message on the device could report something useful. This has taken me hours to find.

Anyway thanks again. And no thanks to Apple.

4. btiger19

btiger19

I have met the same problem, but how to delete the expired profile in the device(iPod)??? Thanks.

5. bernardfrancois

bernardfrancois

Thanks, this helped me out as well!

To delete the expired provisioning profiles, go to 'Settings > General > Profile'.