Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Error "Ask the organization owner for access to unity teams" while being the owner

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Kamalen, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Kamalen

Kamalen

Hi,

I am the owner of both the project and the organization, and I have a Unity Teams Basic seat assigned to me in the organization. I have created the project through Unity and access it fine at start. But now, Unity states "Ask organisation owner for access to Unity Teams" and I cannot commit changes.

Can you provide any assistance ? Thanks.

2. johng_unity

johng_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Kamalen -

If you do you have a Unity Teams seat in the organization that the project is in, then this error message is unexpected.

Can you try the following:

1. Open the Unity editor.
    2. Open your project.
    3. At the top right of the editor open the Account dropdown and click on Sign Out
    4. In the same Account dropdown, click on Sign In and re-enter your credentials.

Check to see if the "Ask the organization owner" persists.

3. Kamalen

Kamalen

Sign out and in again with this menu has fixed the issue.

Thanks !

I am using Unity in a unstable Internet environement, with frequent disconnects occuring, if this could be related.

4. dseyb

dseyb

I'm having the same issue and the steps above didn't help.

We have a Unity teams subscription and I'm a member of the relevant organization.

upload_2018-2-6_12-49-38.png

To add: Navigating the Unity online services site is *really* broken. Half the time I end up on this page:
    upload_2018-2-6_12-51-25.png

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @dseyb! I'm sorry that you're running into issues. Could you try checking this post to see if the steps for getting setup with Teams help to unblock you? If that doesn't work then please contact our Support, which you can learn how to do here.

6. dseyb

dseyb

Things seem to be working again now (we didn't change anything, it just started working again).
    It'd be nice if the licensing had a grace period in situations like this so we aren't stuck when the servers are having troubles.

Edit: The confluence link doesn't work for me.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Which Confluence link are you referring to?