Search Unity

[SOLVED] Empty VR project creates errors.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by WendelinReich, Aug 22, 2015.

1. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

Hi,

This is strange: I get errors when I try to create a new, empty project and empty scene (only cube and directional light added), change platform to Android and tick the new "VR" Player setting.

It happens both in 5.1.2p3 and 5.1.1p4. The errors appear when I hit "Play":

- [Compositor] ERROR: Compositor failed to initialize.

- Bad config or LibOVR not found. VR disabled.

In addition, 5.1.1p4 also generates this error:

- Could not set Oculus caps. VR disabled.

Note that all this happens before I even connect my S6. Also, it doesnt make a difference if I import the new Oculus Utilities for Unity 5 V0.1.0-beta, the error still appears. Same with/without Oculus signature file. All this on a PC with Windows 8.1 on which no Oculus SDK is or was ever installed.

PS: bug report filed.

Puzzled: Wendelin

2. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

The problem persists with 5.1.3, which came out today...

@thep3000 : is there something else I need to install besides Unity 5.1.3 for Gear VR support? I thought there were no actual dependencies on the Oculus SDK and Oculus Unity Tools for Gear VR...?

3. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Have you tried deploying to the Gear VR device? Gear VR isn't supported in play mode in the editor right now (without a DK2 connected, we'll fall back to non-vr when you hit play which is what is happening in your report), but you should be able to deploy to the device just fine.

4. WendelinReich

WendelinReich

Thanks, you are right, that works just fine. I didnt know play mode in the editor wasnt yet supported - is that mentioned somewhere?