Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Dragging tiles

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Tigersong, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Tigersong

Tigersong

I have a small request for Unity 2D: please can we have the ability to select a group of tiles and move them around our scene? I tried the Move tool- it does nothing, as if tiles were insubstantial.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You can use tiles to make game objects that you'll be able to drag around at will.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Are you the same Tigersong I know from other places?

4. Tigersong

Tigersong

How's that accomplished? And in reply to your question- yes, this one believes we first met in TESA. Hello again!

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ha ha! Welcome! :D

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Create a tile and drag it in the hierarchy view and it will be a game object to which you'll be able to add scripts, colliders, rigidbody if necessary, and so on.

If you are completely new to this, I recommend that you make this tutorial: https://learn.unity.com/project/ruby-s-2d-rpg :)

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm not sure if I've understood your question well. If you ask about selecting tiles that you have already drawn on a tilemap instead of erasing them and drawing them again elsewhere, there are "select" and "move" tools in the tile palette: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/Tilemap-Painting.html

8. Tigersong

Tigersong

Thank you very much, and now this one promises to look more closely at the editor. :p

Deleted User likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ha ha! :)