Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Do I need a test game id for testing video ads in my project?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by JapaneseBreakfast, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

I used to use Google Admobs and had to use a test app id and ad unit ids, if not I get banned.

Does Unity Ads require the same thing during testing phase? I went to the Unity Ads dashboard -> Monetization -> Platforms, and used the Google Play Store Game ID already there. Can I use this id for testing because I seem to get real ads when I do...and I don't want to get banned :(

I found this answer, and it seems to work, by just calling Advertisement.Show() and according to StackOverflow, it automatically creates an ID for me. Just want to make sure.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

You can initialise Ads in test mode with Advertisement.Initialize(gameID, true);

The true -parameter indicates whether to use test mode. You can also force test mode from the dashboard in case your game is already in the store.

JapaneseBreakfast likes this.
  3. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

Got it mikaisomaa, I appreciate it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.