Search Unity

[SOLVED] Default Placements

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Christop, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Christop

Christop

Hi
    the documentation state that by default we have these placements

The default placements that are created for your game are:​
      • default placement: Video ads, skipping enabled after 5 seconds
      • Rewarded placement: Only videos, no-skipping allowed
      • Picture only placement: For places where full video ad-experience would not fit.
    How can I select each one of these default placement units? What is Advertizement.Show() do if called without a parameter for placements? Show the first bullet option? If yes how can I select the other two default options?

Thanks
    Dimi

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello Christop,

Actually documentation is clear about what you are asking;
    - Your first question,
    - Your second question,

Advertisement.Show() method shows ads in your game with your default ad-placement setting. In admin panel you can make one of three ad-placement options,to be default.

Unity Ads serving video ads for now, I dont know if they implement rewarded video feature yet but you can use normal video ads to serve like rewarded video via script.

You are in the right place to find sample implementation made by unity officials. Codes in that link are very well commented, I implement UnityAds with that codes, please give attention to commend lines.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    Christop likes this.
  3. Christop

Christop

Hi
    thanks for your answer and link.
    After Adding a Game in the UnityAdds admin panel and opening the Advanced Monetization options is saw
    that the actual zone names for the default placements are
    1) defaultVideoAndPictureZone (this is probably the only working right now, if not correct me)
    2) rewardedVideoZone
    3) pictureZone (this is currently not working, if it is correct me)

These zones are also features in the Unity example from the link you mentioned.
    Unfortunately Initially I could not find them in the docs (actually pictureZone was mentioned in a source block).

Thanks

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Picture ads are still a beta feature. We currently don't have much to fill the zone with. Until picture ads are out of beta, we recommend designing your ad experience around video ads. You can still have the option for picture backfill (set by default with the defaultVideoAndPictureZone) to show if all available video ads have been viewed and picture ads are available.

Christop likes this.
  5. Christop

Christop

So in essence if you setup your Ads with the defaultVideoAndPictureZone you will also get pictures ads when they become available.
    Is the rewardedVideoZone working. In my examples it shoes that it works?
    Thanks

6. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Exactly, if picture ads are available and you've already shown all video ads, the defaultVideoAndPictureZone is preconfigured to show picture ads under these conditions.

The rewardedVideoZone is a configuration intended to be used when rewarding players. Properties include no picture backfill and no video skipping. Normally you would provide players with the option to view an ad in exchange for some reward, so you wouldn't want to make it skippable since they've already opted in for it.