Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other [Solved]Decal node renders/reads textures in very low res

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by cubrman, Dec 11, 2022.

1. cubrman

cubrman

This is insane. I am checking the Goo Ball example and the VFX graph's decal node there renders any texture I give it fine, however, once I render it with my decal node it renders in weird low res (it's a bit hard to see, but pay attention to the edges of my texture vs edges of goo balls' version of my texture, my texture's edges are super rough):
    upload_2022-12-11_23-8-39.png
    upload_2022-12-11_23-17-5.png

upload_2022-12-11_23-10-2.png

Particle strips are spawning my decals on collision with the ground. As you can see from my VFX graph, I even copied the Output Particle HDRP Lit Decal node straight from the goo ball example to ensure that the settings are EXACTLY the same. I checked the Visual Effect component settings, turned off everything in goo ball's output node, tried and checked it all - but it just won't render the textures correctly.

Finally I've found the right word - it looks like banding (here I lowered the Fade Factor):
    upload_2022-12-11_23-22-16.png

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  2. cubrman

cubrman

Owov. The reason was the fact that for each collision a thozand decals were spawned. I was not happy with how many decals were spawned by my stripes and so I tried to play with that number and accidentally forgot to put it back to 1)