Search Unity

[SOLVED] Crash when running any Unity application.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unity_emuVJyHjyn0FmA, Dec 18, 2018.

1. unity_emuVJyHjyn0FmA

unity_emuVJyHjyn0FmA

Hi guys, I'm having a weird issue where every time I attempt to run a Unity application, it just crashes with no error message or log being generated.

To explain further: Upon attempting to run the application, I get a box that pops up for a second with a red exclamation point, which then crashes. See screenshot below:

I suspect my GPU may be the issue.

I am running a HP Zbook Studio G3 with Quadro M1000M graphics, and am only experiencing the issue on this machine. Unity apps run fine on other machines I've tried.

Is there any way to troubleshoot this? Is Unity even compatible with Quadro M1000M cards? I've updated drivers for the card to no avail. I've also attached my DxDiag output.

Any help would be super appreciated!

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The Citrix driver is probably the problem. This was a bug that was fixed in recent versions of Unity, but the game developers will need to update their Unity version and create a new build of the game. This issue is fixed in Unity 2018.3.0, 2018.2.17, and 2017.4.16.

The work around is to uninstall the Citrix driver. Reportedly just disabling the driver does not work around the issue.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...29.2110027076.1543255740-698773795.1529019021

3. unity_emuVJyHjyn0FmA

unity_emuVJyHjyn0FmA

@Joe-Censored Wow, I can't believe that worked! It was totally the Citrix driver that caused the issue. Once I uninstalled Citrix every unity application started working normally.

Good to know and thanks a lot for your help!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. CeV35

CeV35

Merhaba, Kerbal uzay programında da aynı hatayı alıyorum. Citrix Çalışma Alanı Yok Cihaz sistemim sistem gereksinimlerini karşılıyor, ancak açılmıyor. Bir ünlem işareti görüyorum (powered by google:))

5. Limofeus

Limofeus

Brenn_Boi likes this.
  6. antonis13natsios

antonis13natsios

7. Heretic-Arts

Heretic-Arts

I ran into this issue here on a dev build I was trying to push out to people. Here is how I solved it....Removed the older builds from my project. Removed the library folder. Started up Unity and rebuilt a new build. Hope this helps! I'm sure there is more going on behind the scenes that I don't know about.

Dave_Bowman likes this.
  8. Mouadh_M

Mouadh_M

i got a solution might help some1
    if you are opening msi afterburner close it
    it works for me on "granny chapter two" game

9. Patrick_Machado_

Patrick_Machado_

I'm facing the same issue, I don't have any Citrix, even trying installing it and unistal to se if any changes happens but it didn't, I suspect it might be any configuration in NVIDIA or how the programs are opened by the laptop pc, but it's just a sus, so far any kinda game.exe built with unity stills crashing on my end.

Attached Files:

10. mrmisha4ever

mrmisha4ever

Great thanks! For me the issue was the installed Citrix too