Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Crash during update

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by GameDevRick, Apr 28, 2020.

1. GameDevRick

GameDevRick

The Unity editor consistently crashes when I try to download an update from collaborate.
    We are using version 2019.3.7f1. Tried reinstalling Unity and the problem persists.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Ingot, can you share a stack trace of the crash you keep experiencing? Could you tell me which version of Collaborate you're using and which OS you're running on? Do have another machine that you can download your project onto to see if it experiences the same crash?

3. GameDevRick

GameDevRick

I have no idea how to provide you with a stack trace. Is that a feature in Unity that logs it or something? I am using the latest version of collab (1.2.16) and running it on Windows 7 64 bit. I do not have another machine, but my partner that is collabing with me was able to make his commit without a crash. Note that we created a new blank project and were able to collab successfully. It must be something in the project, but we installed MANY packs and I am hoping we don't have to restart again.

This is a screen of the crash:

https://gyazo.com/bccb6ca63f42ff69467d63184dfa0ae7

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You should be able to find your stack trace in your Editor.log, near the end of the file. Have you tried re-downloading your project from the Hub to see if it still crashes? You can trigger a re-download by renaming the folder your project is in, restarting the Hub, then refreshing to display your cloud projects. The Hub should allow you to re-download your project to a new location.

5. GameDevRick

GameDevRick

Thank you for information and the possible solutions. I resolved the issue by creating a new project and reinstalling all of the packs. I suspect that the issue may have been related to migrating the project to a new SSD drive and decided to start from fresh. Everything seems to be working now and it did not seem to be a Unity issue. Thanks again.

Ryan-Unity likes this.