Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Could You Help Me To Trouble Shoot The Problems With My Unity:Collaborate Service Please?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by hakuna, Oct 2, 2017.

1. hakuna

hakuna

PROBLEM SOLVED

I've been trying to make a transition from using Source Tree's Git to "Unity:Collaborate" for the past 2 days now. I've had some problems. Could you help me identify the problem so i can apply the right solution from the Unity: Manual, which i have been reading for this issue.

The thing is my local repository and my game works just fine and as intended on local. Unity, uploads my project to the "Unity: Collaborate Cloud" successfully and it sync perfectly.

But when i download the same project from the "Unity:Collaborate Cloud" to a new Folder, either on the same machine or to a different computer; it gives too many script conflicts. Which are: missing codes, not being able to understand class references etc...

Unity Manual says there are two paths i can take to solve my problem according to my problem's cause. I will apply one of those solutions but i want to make sure i identify the cause correctly by taking advise from you guys.

This issue either can be : (According to the Manual)
    1.If your Local Project state is the state you want, and your Cloud Project state is giving you too many conflicts or problems.

2. If your Cloud Project state is the state you want, and your Local Project state is giving you too many conflicts or problems

It seems obvious to me that the problem matches with the 1st one. My game works fine on local and uploads to the Cloud fine. But when it is downloaded from the cloud and installed inside a different folder, it gives too many conflicts.

What do you guys think? Do you also think that the problem matches with the 1st one, and the problem is on the Cloud Project's server side, instead of my Local Project?

Manual's URL: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityCollaborateTroubleShooting.html

PS: I am so sorry for the long post, probably for such an easy issue. But it has stopped my development process for the past 2 days. I just want to make sure i take the right path. I can provide more information and screenshots if necessary.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @hakuna! Just want to verify if you have resolved your issue. It does sound like the first case matches your situation. I hope that you were able to unblock yourself. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

3. hakuna

hakuna

Hello @ryanc-unity , yes i have resolved the issue. It really was the first case. Thank you very much for verifying and getting back to me.

Ryan-Unity likes this.