Search Unity

[Solved] CopyFile Failed

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by tomchambers, Jan 9, 2020.

1. tomchambers

tomchambers

I'm getting this error when trying to upload a fresh (quite large) existing project to unity collab.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Collab] CopyFile failed:
    2. From path: 'C:/Users/Tom/Documents/hospital-unity/Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/Meadow Environment Dynamic Nature/Terrain heightmaps and Stamps/Terrain RAW Heightmaps/NM_Meadow_Hill_Border_04_Raw.raw', To path: 'C:/Users/Tom/Documents/hospital-unity/Temp/Upload/Assets/NatureManufacture Assets/Meadow Environment Dynamic Nature/Terrain heightmaps and Stamps/Terrain RAW Heightmaps/NM_Meadow_Hill_Border_04_Raw.raw'
    There was another file in Gaia that had the same error, I removed that file and then I got another one like this.

I've tried removing the Collab snapshots and restarting but it made no difference.

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @tomchambers, this looks like an issue of the file path where Collab's copy of a file made during an upload being too long for the Windows OS. I would recommend renaming some of the folders in this asset's file path to something shorter. After doing that then the CopyFile errors should disappear.

3. tomchambers

tomchambers

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Collab] CopyFile failed:
    2. From path: 'C:/Users/Tom/Documents/hospital-unity/Assets/Sounds/wateringplants.mp3', To path: 'C:/Users/Tom/Documents/hospital-unity/Temp/Upload/Assets/Sounds/wateringplants.mp3'
    I'm still getting similar errors with copyfile with a relatively short path. The path being copied to is only 82 characters long here.

4. tomchambers

tomchambers

I'm not sure if it was the same error or additional, but from researching other topics it seems I had run out of disk space

5. BrettusTheLettus

BrettusTheLettus

I had a similar issue and restarted my editor. It seems to be upload now. I also freed up some more memory in case that was an issue.

unityunity