Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] CopyFile failed on unexisting file

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jaraen, Nov 21, 2019.

1. jaraen

jaraen

Hi,

I've renamed a folder in Unity and now when I try to push changes to collab I get this error

[Collab] CopyFile failed:
    From path: '<path>/Assets/_LA Avatar AI/Animations/Mocap/mocap extensión.meta', To path: '<path>/Temp/Upload/Assets/_LA Avatar AI/Animations/Mocap/mocap extensión.meta'

Because of this, I can't push changes anymore. How can I fix it?

thanks!

Note: I found this similar question (https://forum.unity.com/threads/copyfile-failed.508367/), but in my case has nothing to do with hd space, I have +1TB free

Captura de pantalla 2019-11-21 a las 20.15.22.png

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @jaraen, could you try replacing the ó in extensión with o, restart Unity and try to publish again? It might be getting hung up on the Unicode characters. If that doesn't work then could you open the Editor with the command line argument "-enableCollabEventLogs", try to publish again to get this error and look through your Editor logs for Collab-specific errors and share them with me?

3. jaraen

jaraen

thanks for the response. I fixed it running an hd scan, probably it was some filesystem issue.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. TallPaulUK

TallPaulUK

I had a similar problem but with a file that I'd renamed. I shut down Unity and reopened at it worked fine then