Search Unity

[Solved] Contents of a subscene disappear when closed

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by siggigg, Nov 24, 2019.

1. siggigg

siggigg

I'm having an odd issue where the contents of a subscene disappear as soon as its closed, but re-appear when you click edit again. Same thing when you load the scene from scratch.

In this case the subscene contains 7x simple prefabs that have meshes, and physics shape (tried removing that, changed nothing).

Am I missing some setting that would properly save/load the subscene? When I try the ECS sample project the subscenes there seems to work fine.

Using 2019.3 beta 12, Entities 0.2 preview 18, HDRP 7.1.5.

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Subscenes are importing asynchronously using the new on demand import pipeline. Visualization of this is not great at the moment but if you select the SubScene it should tell you if its still importing or has completed & loaded the scene.

3. siggigg

siggigg

Yeah I've seen the "Importing" text before, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I've waited 30 minutes, shut down and re-opened the editor but still the same thing.

As you can see, no status text:
    upload_2019-11-24_23-10-5.png

4. FONTOoMas

FONTOoMas

You might have missed the hybrid renderer package.

alexchesser, chantey and siggigg like this.
  5. siggigg

siggigg

ding ding ding, you my friend are a saviour! I've started so many projects over the weekend that I forgot to add it to this one :)

Thanks a bunch!

alexchesser likes this.
  6. Singtaa

Singtaa

Weird I'm experiencing the same problem with Hybrid Renderer installed. Only difference is I'm using Built-in (not HDRP).

Edit: found the culprit to be ProBuilder. I have a ProBuilder Plane and a regular Sphere in the scene. ProBuilder meshes seem to work fine with Unity.Physics. But once you put it inside a subscene, the subscene will just silently fail.

Edit 2: Seems to be completely solved in Entities 0.4.0, even with ProBuilder.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  7. siggigg

siggigg

Hybrid currently only supports HDRP, so expect problems with built-in :)

8. Poetfall

Poetfall

Thank you I had the same issue