Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collaborate Toolbar not accessible

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Vallar, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Vallar

Vallar

Hi,

Recently I was working on a project using 2018.2 and I used Collaborate for backup. Anyway, today I decided to upgrade the project to 2018.3.2f1. Upgrade went fine. I then modified the project (edited code, removed some scripts, added some others, etc...).

I pushed my changes. Then I discovered there is an issue with my modifications. I restored the last push I had (it was done using 2018.2). Grabbed some of the stuff I needed and realized I accidentally deleted. Then I restored my latest push (it was done using 2018.3.2f1). Editor displayed an error (though it seemed to have restored almost everything). So I restarted the editor. When the editor came back up, I couldn't access the Collaborate tool bar.

The Collaborate button isn't in the editor (top right) anymore. Going to services and then clicking "Open Collaborate toolbar" link doesn't do anything. Going to Window > Asset Management > Version Control, it is completely grayed out. Even though services show that Collaborate is on and some of the assets in the project folder has the blue icon from Collaborate.

Any ideas what can be done to resolve this?

Thanks.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Vallar! It sounds like when you went back to your earlier commit the manifest.json file in your project's Packages folder was reverted back to what it was before. This would remove the listing "com.unity.collab-proxy": "1.2.15" inside of the list of dependencies, essentially removing Collab from the Editor. However, just add the collab-proxy line from above back into your manifest.json file and restart your Editor. The Collab Toolbar should return and work as expected.

3. Vallar

Vallar

Thanks for the explanation and the heads up. I did something slightly different; given the project is on Collaborate, I deleted it and downloaded it again from the cloud and worked just fine. Nonetheless, next time I'll save myself the hassle and add that one line.

Thanks.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. Okido

Okido

Hi @ryanc-unity, I have the same problem, but that line is not missing from my JSON file. Also when I open Unity and click the "Open the Collaborate Toolbar" under Services > Collab, nothing happens. How can I fix this? It's really holding up my project

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Okido! I'm sorry for the late response. Slipped on some ice last week and have been out of commission until today.

In Unity, under the Help menu, try clicking on "Reset Packages to defaults". Does that resolve the issue for you?

6. ReadyPlayGames

ReadyPlayGames

I have the same issues, and I have the line in the manifest, and I reset the packages to defaults. Still not working.

Edit: Verified that deleting the project and downloading it again is the way to solve the issue.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  7. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

I am experiencing this bug also. I can't delete the project and redownload it as the version on my computer is the most recent with significant changes.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Mikekan13, I'm sorry you're running into the same issue too. Could you tell me which version of Collab and Unity you're using and whether you had just upgraded your Collab package when you ran into this issue?

9. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

So I upgraded my project from 2018.1.8f1 to 2018.4.2f1 when this happened. I haven't done anything with collab except ensure it was enabled in manifest.json.

10. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Ah, as of 2018.3, Collab is now its own package that can be updated separately from the Unity Editor. Could you try opening the Package Manager from the Window menu, scroll down to Unity Collaborate and check if you're updated to the latest 1.2.x version (should be 1.2.16)? Make sure to restart Unity after updating the package and check if you can see the Toolbar after that.

11. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

I also don't have package manager in my window menu.

12. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If that's the case then you need to reset your packages so that the Collab Toolbar can be loaded in. You can do this by going to the Help menu and selecting "Reset packages to default". After that, the Collab Toolbar should appear again.

13. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

I've tried that a couple of times to no avail.

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Do you see the Collab Toolbar button next to the Cloud button in the Editor after you reset the packages? If you still don't then open your project folder, then go into the Packages folder and delete the manifest.json file. Restart your project and the Collab Toolbar should reappear.

GuruJeya14 likes this.
  15. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

16. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I'm sorry, @Mikekan13, but those errors are temporary. Resetting packages to default uninstalls packages that aren't part of the default setup but the ones missing can be easily re-installed from the Package Manager. In this case, reinstalling the OpenVR (Desktop) package should fix those errors.

Resetting them to default should have brought back the option to open the Package Manager. If it didn't then can you try opening the manifest.json file in the Packages folder of your project and make sure that the following lines are somewhere in there?
    "com.unity.collab-proxy": "1.2.16",
    "com.unity.package-manager-ui": "2.0.7",

17. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

18. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's very odd. So you have the latest packages loaded in your manifest, but you still don't have a Package Manager window or a Collab Toolbar button? Could you tell me if there are any other errors in your project when you open it, either in the Console or in the Editor.log?

19. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

20. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for sharing that with me. I've reached out to the Package Manager team for assistance on this since I'm not sure why it isn't loading for you. You should hear from someone on that team soon, either here or in a DM. I'm sorry that I couldn't be of more help.

21. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

Thanks for trying.

22. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

@Mikekan13 Can you try creating a new project in 2018.4.2f1 and verify that the Package Manager and Collab windows are accessible? If this works fine then at least we know the issue was with your project upgrade.

23. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

Works fine in a new project.

24. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

I'd really like to get this fixed soon. It is holding my project back.

25. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I totally understand and I want to get you unblocked right away. Could you try redownloading your project to see if you have the same issues in that copy? At this point, if that copy works then it might be faster to move your local changes over to that copy so that you can keep working.

26. Mikekan13

Mikekan13

So the only copy I have that works is from local backup 2 months ago. This is so frustrating. I can try manually copying over files from the broken version to the older version. Kind of my last resort now it seems.

27. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If you're using Hub 2.0 then it's a little harder to download another copy of your project if it's still on your machine. But you can trick the Hub into downloading that project again by moving your downloaded copy to another folder. When you reopen the project then you should see your project's name grayed out to say that it hasn't been downloaded yet. From there you can click on the cloud button next to your project to restart the download.

I'm very sorry that you'd had to go through all this. I have no idea why Package Manager isn't loading correctly, even after resetting its values to default. Perhaps @samuelb_unity has more insight into what the problem might be. But for now, I'd recommend doing the above first before trying to start working on a 2 month old project.

28. zero_one0101

zero_one0101

i am using Hub 2.1.1. i had the issue with collaborate . when i tried to download project from cloud which is from a friend of mine,it is of size 4.8 GB using hub it builds an empty unity scene in the editor where it shows in a small window that it downloading the files (there was this count of 3557 files ) . but when it reach to 3555 3556 files only one files to finish that is 4.97 GB downloaded , the downloading window closes it self . and nothing else happens . i have waited a long time to see if it import downloaded file automatically but it didnt happen. i tried redownloading but i got the same result . it closed at that point . the unity version i used to download project was 2018.3.6f1 . i really need the help . its been days i have been trying to figure out what is the problem . when i see this thread i realized its something similar

29. zero_one0101

zero_one0101

i tried this but the problem still there

30. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @zero_one0101, I'd like to take a look at your logs to see if we can see which file you seem to be getting stuck on. Use one of the following commands to enable verbose Collab logs, then please send me your Editor.log in a DM so that we can look through and find any Collab-related errors.

On Windows, Unity.exe -enableCollabEventLogs -createProject <new project directory> -cloudProject <cloud project name> -cloudOrganization <cloud organization>

On Mac, open Unity.app/ --args -enableCollabEventLogs -createProject <new project directory> -cloudProject <cloud project name> -cloudOrganization <cloud organization>

31. GuruJeya14

GuruJeya14

I kinda had the same problem, and I tried deleting my Library folder and Manifest.json file in the Packages folder, and reopened the project. It brought my 'Collaborate' option back. :)

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  32. Furious-Witch

Furious-Witch

I had the same problem. Deleting the Library folder then restarting the project fixed it for me. Now I have the collaborate button, the package manager in the Window menu, and also the visual studio tools tab that wasn't available before. Kudos to @GuruJeya14 .Thanks for the help :)

33. DevLinkGames

DevLinkGames

@ryanc-unity Hi. I have an infinite load when opening a Collab window.. I've tried various solutions for similar problems, but nothing seems to work. I can't open Collab even if I create a new project. I tried to turn off Firewall, etc. Using DevTools (opened through the first Collab window) I found requests from which Collab could not receive a response (I write location.reload() in console to see network logs). I manually tried to send these requests (in browser) and everything works for me in the browser (the request is sent, the response comes). I use Unity 2019.4.10f1 on Windows10. What could be the problem?

34. IOU_RAY

IOU_RAY

Same here. This just started today on all my projects. Collab History shows but the main UI is stuck on stupid.

You guys dun did something that broke it here.

35. karunsud

karunsud

omg i have the same infinite loading issue in unity collab...

36. wrabenstein

wrabenstein

same problem there (on both of my systems)

37. xyzwqmf

xyzwqmf

same for me
    upload_2020-11-11_20-52-22.png

upload_2020-11-11_20-52-46.png

Context:
    I commited yesterday the last time perfectly fine, upon starting today I can no longer use collab since as shown above the window is just empty.

The collab also doesn´t have the ON/OFF button anymore for me (also as described like above)

Trouble shooting which I already tried:
    - restart pc (didn´t work)
    - unlink project and relink (didn´t work)
    - unvoke seat (as owner) and restarting unity + pc, then setting up everything new didn´t work
    - creating a new link, then unlinking and trying to link the old didn´t work
    - I have 0 error messages in the console and my project also loads normally. The initial collab check also runs through without issues, it is just that I can no longer commit anything at the moment (but I can see the history screen with all my commits)

I can´t commit and I also don´t dare to try to restore anything at the moment in fear of breaking maybe my project.

Help would be appreciated highly

38. Truest

Truest

I have the exact same problem. Hoping it's just that Unity's servers are down or something.

39. jimx78

jimx78

J ai exactement le même problème ! La fenêtre Unity Collab est vide ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  40. meshin0

meshin0

exact same situation. I think this is unity side problem.

Hope to be fixed soon.

41. Chapmania_Design

Chapmania_Design

Same problem here on 2019.4.13f1. No collab 'on' and 'off' button plus and infinite load in collab toolbar!

42. parkdr

parkdr

upload_2020-11-12_11-19-53.png

same problem.
    help..

43. Chapmania_Design

Chapmania_Design

Seems to be back to normal now.

DevLinkGames and parkdr like this.
  44. DevLinkGames

DevLinkGames

Yes. Now everything works again (=

45. wrabenstein

wrabenstein

working fine again on all systems

46. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi everyone, just confirming that the previously mentioned issue has been resolved. Here's a post that explains in detail what went wrong. I hope it answers all your questions.

47. rochal

rochal

Still broken after upgrading my project to latest LTS - 2019.4.13f1. Nothing happens when click on "Open the collaborate toolbar"

48. rochal

rochal

^ delete your manifest.json and let unity reload all, prep to fix dependency hell but it fixes the collaborate issue.