Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collaborate Failing

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by RedDjinnPro, Sep 16, 2017.

1. RedDjinnPro

RedDjinnPro

Hello, all. I've seen some older posts with this problem but I haven't found a solution yet. When I attempt to add a teammate, the mouse cursor changes to a hand for a moment the closes the panel. For a second I see the field where I would normally add an email address but it closes instantly. Also, when I attempt to publish project data, it gets nearly finished then shows a connection error. I have had regular success with Collaborate in the past, this has only been an issue for the last 24 hours. I have made a brand new project and the problem is still the same. I have a stable internet connection and I have tried adding a teammate through the website but nothing is working.

I am currently using 5.6.1f1. Has anyone else been having connection issues with collaborate?

Thank you!!

UPDATE: I have now tried on 3 different systems and they all have the same issue.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @RedDjinnPro! The issue you're seeing with trying to add new members to your project was a known issue for 5.6 that we fixed for 2017.1. The workaround is to manually go to the Members tab in the Services window (either widen the Services window or click on the hamburger icon on the top right of the list of Services and select Members). You'll be able to add new users normally through there.

As for the connection errors you were seeing, we had a short spike in errors over the weekend that resulted in returned errors and connection issues. They have since been resolved. Would you mind trying to publish again and let me know if you are still seeing errors?

3. RedDjinnPro

RedDjinnPro

@ryanc-unity Everything is running smoothly now. Just a couple days of weirdness. I updated to 2017.1 as well. Thank you so much for the reply!

Ryan-Unity likes this.