Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collaborate commit stucks at 99%

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Neuronapixel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Neuronapixel

Neuronapixel

Hi, im trying to commit a project but all the times i tried it stuck at 99% and never ends.
    When i check on line there's no files on Collaborate server...
    al info i get from unity is this error:
    [Collab] ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound: Couldn't find UploadTransaction

Any idea?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Neuronapixel, I'm sorry you're running into this error. That typically means that during a commit something got interrupted (maybe a not so great Internet connection or any number of network-related things) and when it tried to resume the whole operation had timed out. Now Collab should have resumed shortly after getting that error but it sounds like it's just getting stuck in an infinite loop for you.

If you haven't restarted your project yet, would you mind reporting a bug (in the Editor, go to Help->Report a Bug) and sharing your bug number here? After doing that, could you restart Unity and try to publish again to see if it's still happening?

3. Neuronapixel

Neuronapixel

How i do restart the project?
    i already have deleted from collaborate panel an re-tried uploading various times.
    same error.
    Already noticed an error in editor, it's somehow related?

IMG_3171.JPG

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Sorry @Neuronapixel, that was my poor word choice. I meant that if you hadn't restarted Unity yet, you could send a bug report which would include your logs from when the problem happened. If it's still happening then could you send a bug report and list your bug number here?

That error seems related to the VR component and not to Collab. All Collab related errors will be prefaced by "[Collab]".

5. Prashanth17

Prashanth17

We're having the same issue, getting the error message "[Collab] ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound: Couldn't find UploadTransaction". Our internet connection is fine, 10mbps up, 60 down.. It's been working just fine up until today.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Prashanth17, I'm sorry that you ran into this error too. If you are still seeing this error after restarting Unity, could you please submit a bug for us? You can do that by going to Help->Report a bug.

7. Raz1789

Raz1789

I have also tried all the solutions mentioned in different forums. Still everytime the file stops at 99% sharp.
    I have tried the following solutions:
    1. I asked my colleagues to re-upload the files. and tried updating.
    2. Delete the folder completely and re-update.
    3. Delete the folder completely, restart computer and re-update.
    4. Monitored Network activity in Resource Manager and found that Unity Network activity just stops all of a sudden at 99%.
    5. Tried in Unity 2017.2.1f1(latest version) & Unity 2017.1.1f1(in which the file was created).
    6. There were no network interruptions.

Please help.

8. ds13

ds13

Hi @ryanc-unity ,
    Unity 2017.2.0p2 , same issue we are facing when updating, publishing is working fine for us.
    And this is so much irritating, not because it's not working fine but there's a case in which i have to publish on cloud and before that collab shows that first you need to update the things. Now i update and it always got stuck at 99% and it started importing things on 99% with 1 file remaining. since the importing is incomplete it gives us error and one cannot publish anything because of that and we have to manually put those scripts or assets in the project to resolve the errors.

Size of the project is 6+GB, you can assume how many scripts and folders might be there.

Please help us resolve this or you may suggest any Unity version in which we don't have any issue migrating from 2017.2 to newer version. Also we are using Vuforia and VR both in our project.

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ds13! Are you still encountering the error with updates getting stuck at 99%? Have you tried recently to see if it's still happening? If it is then please get in touch with our Support team via the methods here.

10. ds13

ds13

Hi,
    Didn't had the time to get in touch with support team.I downloaded the complete project from cloud in another folder, and then fixed all the errors and published everything again. Now everything is working fine.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  11. mrblasto

mrblasto

It happens all the time for me when using Collaborate -- the download gets stuck at 99% with about 4 files left to go and 50 MB or so to go. To fix, kill the Collaborate window, then re-open it and press Update Now. It downloads the 4 files and everything's good to go.

12. Psyco92

Psyco92

2019... April.
    This is still a thing that kills our companies productivity when we need to push/pull often for final tweaks before testing.

20 Meg symmetrical fiber internet, with fancy-pants router.
    pcie nvme 960 Pro for the drive unity is writing to, if 60 Gb/s is maybe enough.
    64 gigs of ram with near 9 nanosecond response time.
    Kaby lake i7 running at 4.9Ghz.

Please Unity, tell me how my setup is to blame for an error persitant for YEARS

@ryanc-unity Any advice? do i need to be plugged into your offices via ethernet to get a working version of Unity?

P.S : Excuse the salt, but losing money to a F***ing loading bar is getting painful

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    tcz8, IOU_RAY and Ninjafinch like this.
  13. Psyco92

Psyco92

@any one with the power to do so :
    This should not be marked as solved, as it clearly is not, for pretty much anyone I speak to with a project that isnt a sample.

@ryanc-unity : Any response at all would be appreciated.

14. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Psyco92! Thank you for letting me know that you've already tried running the Network Reporter tool and didn't see any issues there. Which version of Unity are you using and which Collaborate packages have you tried running?

15. manildayma

manildayma

I am face same problem, my collab is stuck at 99%. What do i do, i cant see anything useful.

16. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @manildayma, can you tell me which version of Unity and Collaborate you're using? You can find which Collaborate version you're using in the Package Manager.

17. tcz8

tcz8

Was told in August 2019 to expect great things by the end of the month...
    September 2019...
    October 2019...

Still nothing.

18. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

Yep--2/5/2021 and Collab is still riddled with bugs like this.

pKallv likes this.
  19. staringatlights

staringatlights

Just encountered this error.. love seeing that there has not been a response from Unity for 2 years.

Stuck at "Finalizing upload. Please wait..." for over an hour.