Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] [Collab] UnityCloud::PersistentFaraday::Failure:

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by apostlecephas, Jan 8, 2017.

1. apostlecephas

apostlecephas

First , so that you know why if my explanation is off, let me say I am new to unity and to coding. Only been a couple months if that. That said here is the problem/not problem.
    Created my first build and started the game then I get an error in Unity that says :
    [Collab] UnityCloud::persistentFaraday::Failure: Request failed with response code 401 from http://localhost:5001/v1/core/api/projects/959ed556-da8b-49a1-810f-f337d8a698ba: the server responded with status 401
    this appears twice in the console. Not sure what it is trying to do but I don't use UnityCloud and not sure what its trying to access that is failing authentication. This error doesn't seem to interfere with anything but when I did search on web and in forums it came up zero. That's what prompted me to create this forum thread.
    Thank you in advance for any insight you can offer.

2. apostlecephas

apostlecephas

Omg ..I didn't do that.... it to the: P in persistent and interpreted it a "stick out tongue" after I posted it ....that is funny.

3. tayusuki

tayusuki

I'm having the same issues... What version of Unity are you using?

4. apostlecephas

apostlecephas

ver 5.5.0p3

5. apostlecephas

apostlecephas

not sure but I think when I installed this patch version is when it stopped

6. Biancae

Biancae

Did this ever get solved? Im having this issue and ive got no idea how to fix it

7. apostlecephas

apostlecephas

No, it still happens but it seems to fix itself each time. Doesn't seem to affect me in anyway though. Usually just restart Unity and collab resets.

8. IgorAherne

IgorAherne

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

This error means that the access token is no longer valid and needs to be reauthenticated. Usually this happens automatically but if that doesn't work then restarting the Editor does. Please let me know if any of you are still running into this Editor after a restart.

10. thomas80550

thomas80550

Je redémarre 5 fois l'éditeur et toujours le même problème

11. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @thomas80550! It's unusual that it's not resolving after restarting the editor 5 times. Could you submit a bug report with your project and post your bug number here?

Can you also try downloading your project from the cloud in a new folder?

12. Wothanar

Wothanar

SERIOUSLY? my proyect its 30 GB man and the internet here its expensive on the forest... give me another solution please

13. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Wothanar! Would you mind answering a couple questions for me?
    • Which version of Unity are you using?
    • When did you first notice the error?
    • Have you tried restarting the Editor?
    • Have you tried connecting to a different network?

14. tcz8

tcz8

@ryanc-unity well I'm having this problem since upgrading to unity 2018.3.2f1 and its VERY annoying since every time the editor freezes for what seems forever. Last time I let it go it eventually ran a "checking for changes" routine which ALSO takes forever before it got out.

Now its just frozen... or it could be running a file check... who knows? Collaborate does its thing, without asking, as allways #wastingtime

15. XRA

XRA

this happens every time i open a collab project after not opening it in several days, 2019.1.0f2

16. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @XRA, does this error go away after you clear it or does it keep popping up while your project is running?