Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collab keeps throwing weird errors and merge conflicts

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by elxde, Jul 1, 2020.

1. elxde

elxde

Me and my friend were trying to work on a game together and so I added him to my organization and gave him access to my game. He attempted to download all of the stuff in the game I added and it ended up throwing a merge conflict, the files that were appearing were "Scenes.meta", "SampleScene.unity", and "manifest.json". I thought making a new commit to the game then getting him to redownload everything would work, it didn't. It now said that the scene and manifest.json were conflicted, and there was an option to either accept a server change or decline it. Of course I said he should accept the server change but that ended up leading to him getting kicked out of the collab for some reason and it threw him an error when he tried to rejoin

If anybody can help me with this that would be extremely appreciated.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ZenTheDev1, I'm sorry that your friend is having trouble accessing the project. Can you double check that you're both using the same version of both Unity and Collaborate? You can check which version of Collaborate you're using by opening the Package Manager window and scrolling down to Unity Collaborate.

3. elxde

elxde

Turns out he was not using the version of unity I was using. Thank you for your help!

Ryan-Unity likes this.