Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] Collab issue with new folder

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by fulvioKidloom, Aug 24, 2017.

1. fulvioKidloom

fulvioKidloom

Hi, I added a new folder. This folder and Assets folder are on the same level. But, Collab is not committing it. How can I add this folder to Collab?
    I checked CollabeIgnore but it is not named there.

Thanks

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @fulvioKidloom! Collab only keeps track of changes inside of the Assets and ProjectSettings folders. If you have a new folder that you would like Collab to sync then you'll need to move it into the Assets folder. Sorry for the confusion.

3. fulvioKidloom

fulvioKidloom

Thanks @ryanc-unity , I had to put that folder outside the Assets folder because Unity include it in the build.
    It's a chicken an egg situation

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I totally understand. What sort of assets do you not want to include in Unity?

5. fulvioKidloom

fulvioKidloom

I use the same project to deliver different apps.
    These apps have the same structure and share scripts (game mechanics for example), animators, assets and scenes in most cases.
    The app change depending on the client or the application type.
    So, I have a builder script that select the scenes, delete and copy content assets (assets games for example) from the outside folder, update the splashscreens and icons, bundle id, app name, etc.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I see what you mean. Are you using Cloud Build to build your apps? That would be one reason I can see for worrying about including assets for different types of apps in the same project since they would all be downloaded together from Collab before Cloud Build would try to build your app.

Otherwise, when Unity builds your app it should only be including assets that are directly referenced in your selected scenes (or in your Resources folder), not your entire Assets folder. Are you seeing your app's size change drastically when you include just one app's assets in your project as opposed to all of them?

7. fulvioKidloom

fulvioKidloom

Hi @ryanc-unity, I use a Mac to build.
    About the resources, I need to have the assets outside the Assets folder because every time I switch between platform I have to wait a lot of time while unity reconvert all assets to the new platform.